5.0 out of 5 stars A really good book
I am a Personal Trainer and just bought this , it really is a good book. I am always trying to expand my knowledge base as best I can.

Published on 14 Jan 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good example workouts but lacking in "science" and content
Pros:
+It contains many examples of good circuit/density/interval style workouts
+Means of "scaling" the workouts are well explained such as increasing/decreasing rest/work intervals and substituting in easier or harder exercises
Published on 10 May 2012 by Trevor the Turkey Dinosaur

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good book, 14 Jan 2011
This review is from: "Men's Health" Cardio Strength Training: Torch Fat, Build Muscle, and Get Stronger Faster (Paperback)

It covers many forms of Interval Training such as Complex, Density and Tabata training. It lists in depth many different exercises that can be used in these training methods. Kettlebells, Barbells and Bodyweight. Coach Dos doesnt hide the fact that these are hard work but he does promise they are effective. Like he says in his book anything that is worth it in life usually is.

You dont have to be a fitness fanatic though to benefit from Coach dos' experience or from this book. As all the Methods of Interval Training are catered for beginners and advanced alike.

I hope if you are considering buying this, that my review helps.

As an update 23/03/11

I purchased a Gym Boss Interval Timer (they are about 15 on Amazon) at the same time as buying this book. They are ideal for timing the work sets and rest periods. The Timer will restart the work sets automatically after a programmed rest period. These work/rest intervals can be altered to whatever you like. It doubles as a stop watch as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good info and workouts, 5 Sep 2011
Brian Sheeran "Brian S" (Warrington, Greater Manchester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As an "on / off" tranee for many years, a full time shift worker and a full time family man, I have been looking at ways to maximise efficiency whilst training. I just don't have the time for long hours in the gym! This book provides great info in how to simulataneously improve cardio and strength in a fraction of the time other methods would need.

The book includes some of the basic theory behind the practice, some training protocols and programmes to follow, as well as some exercise descriptions (albeit these a little basic and lacking detail). It provides a variety of options depending on what equipment you may, or may not, have available also. Not everyone has a home gym, or can find a gym equipped with kettebells or medicine balls etc.

It hasn't been properly proof read, containing the odd glaring error or blank space where a photo should be, but that does not detract from the overall benefit this book can provide.

In effect it's a great guide to circuit training and, whilst not necessarily having a great deal to add for more advanced trainees, it provides a great start for beginners and intermediary trainees hoping to get leaner, fitter and stronger.

Put the author's name into You Tube for a better idea at what he does before you decide whether or not to buy. But, in my view, if you're goals are basic functional fitness, or to supplement other more specialised training, then this is a great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for fitness enthusiasts and anyone wanting to train wisely, 22 July 2011
Anyone serious about wanting to get fit and fight the onslaught of age and slowing metabolism should get this. We all know there is no magic pill to make you fitter or leaner, no substitute to hard work and this book gives you the tools you need to maximise your training potential in as shorter time as possible yielding the biggest and best results. The spike in the metabolic burn caused by intense but short physical activity is proven to yield the best results.
I've seen it for myself, you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 24 May 2011
I been a trainer for yaers now, needed something for myself as well as clients. bought the book tested the workouts myself and with collegues...amazing and good fun if you like intensity...must have for those interested in circuits, intervals and just simply intense workouts.

4.0 out of 5 stars cardio strength bible! A must for PT's, 16 July 2011
cardio strength made easy, full of workouts simple to understand that you can mix and match. Check out coach remidos on YouTube or search cardio strength then you get an idea of the workouts in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best money that I have spent on physical training literature, 17 Feb 2011
I have bought this book because I wanted to lose weight, get fit and I do not have a lot of time to spend in the gym or energy to go through lengthy routines. So I decided to give this book a go.

Once I read the book I could not wait to start. I have chosen an Intermediate Complexes for myself because I have been lifting weights for number of years. The warm up and work out do not take approximately 30 - 45 minutes depending on how I feel after work.

I have chosen to follow Intermediate Complexes I work out 3 times a week the whole course should last 12 weeks. Work outs consist of exercises with dumbbells, barbells, kettlebells and cardio exercises (optional) I am on the 5th week now and already have noticed results as I am getting fitter and slimmer, however, it is still a long way to go.

I have already recommended this book to my family and friends. I would recommend it to anyone who would like to get new ideas on how get in shape, fitter and healthier.

N.B. Make sure that you or gym you go to, have kettlebells as they are essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workouts - get fit in 15 minutes a day, 19 Dec 2010
Mr. B. Hillis (Windsor, England) - See all my reviews
I work long hours and struggle to get to the gym in the week. Since the start of October, I have used the circuits in Cardio Strength Training as the basis for the 15-20 minute workouts I do in my garage at home each morning. This has helped me reach my best level of fitness ever - knocking over a minute off my best 5k run time without going doing road work. The workouts are short, intense and varied, developing metabolic conditioning without sacrificing strength and conditioning. They include complexes, volume-based training circuits and interval training. You can use lots of different tools, including barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine balls or just your bodyweight. The workouts are fun but tough. I have worked hard but seen great results.

My one gripe with the book is that it was badly proof-read. But that has not distracted from its usefulness.

Great for busy people who want great results in little time and are prepared to work hard to achieve this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for ideas, 29 July 2010
Mr. Thomas M. Yiend "my word" (Cheltenham, England) - See all my reviews
I loved this book. I am currently training to be a personal trainer and needed more knowledge on sprint and agility training. This was perfect with a great section on that. As well as that, It offered me great ideas for the future, using compound and complex exercises for people looking to lose weight. A big thumbs up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cardio, 23 Nov 2010
This is an excellent book written for burning body fat using free weights. The exercise routines can be done in half the time spent on traditional cardio apparatus e.g. treadmill. These shorter workouts are more effective than conventional cardio training which can improve the likelihood of maintaining a training regime

3.0 out of 5 stars Good example workouts but lacking in "science" and content, 10 May 2012
Pros:
+It contains many examples of good circuit/density/interval style workouts
+There are example workouts for a wide range of equipment, from barbells, dumbbells and kettlebells through to bodyweight exercises

Cons:
-I felt that the book was lacking in content. There are very few differences between a lot of the workouts, save interval length and one or two different exercise variations. If that wasn't enough these workouts are repeated word for word later in the book, with the addition of a few pictures showing the exercises to fluff it all out. Don't get me wrong, exercise technique is very important, but a picture from one angle and with no other pointers is not particularly useful. A chapter on exercise technique with some genuine advice would be far more useful.
-A lot of the "science" and hype behind the book is overstated. Everybody loves to reference the Tabata study however very few people understand that the HIIT group ALSO performed low intensity steady state cardio (LISS). HIIT cannot perform miracles, while it can improve your aerobic performance to a degree, if you wish to be a successful endurance or long distance athlete you will still have to do a significant amount of conventional aerobic training. Coach Dos is a very experienced and knowledgeable man, while he should be aware of this I would hope that he wasn't simply trying to capitalise on the current HIIT/Tabata craze.

Conclusion:
It is a good book for beginners learning the basics about basic circuit training style workouts, such as how to create a balanced workout and how to make things more or less difficult based on your ability. If you are an experienced gym goer or athlete it will probably be of limited use to you as you will probably be well versed in the concepts in contains and be familiar with the workouts. While it can be an effective form of training for casual athletes and people who have very little time to train it is not the "Holy Grail" or a magic bullet.

10.39