5.0 out of 5 stars A Revelation!
I cannot recommend this book highly enough. I bought it because I was looking to eat more healthily in general, but it is so informative and so inspriational that I went from being a part-time vegetarian to a vegan within a week of reading it!

It's full of information, advice and encouragement on how to adopt a plant based diet but it isn't pushy. Alicia...
Published on 17 Feb 2010 by C. Harborow

3.0 out of 5 stars the kind diet
I have to say I was dissapointed .Its a beautifully written book with lovely photographs.Alicia shares how she became a vegan and her journey there.Lots of great information on animal welfare and the truth about factory farming.Recipies looked great but a lot of ingredients not available to me in Ireland.
Published on 26 May 2011 by swiper

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars the kind diet, 26 May 2011
This review is from: The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST READ!!!, 2 July 2010
This is one of the best books for people wanting to change their lifestyle & live a far healthier, cruelty-free life. Extremely well written, easy to follow & loads of delicious recipes. I've been vegan for two months now and have seen the difference for myself. Natural weight loss, feel stronger, no more illness & best of all I have learnt about new food that offer tremendous benefits for my body & mind. I have purchased several copies for friends & family...a definite must read for all. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading, 13 April 2014
This is an easy reading guide to becoming a vegan. A good place to start. Some interesting recipes are also included.

5.0 out of 5 stars The sort of advice I've been looking for, 1 Mar 2014
Sensible, light-hearted, non-preachy information and advice on how to shift your diet to plant-based food, 3 plans for different levels of commitment. Plenty of research stats to back up the information. Winning recipes that have the rest of the household salivating. Fantastic book ... if you're teetering, buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars This will change how you think, 20 Jan 2014
T. J. Godfrey - See all my reviews
I would highly recommend this book. I'd buy it again.

My mum & I are flirting vegans, and have been for a while. We haven't made too many recipes actually from the book, as a few ingredients are really awkward to buy, be it how available it is to us or how expensive it is.

For example, shoyu and mochi we did find in our local health food store but it was a bit more than we can afford for an addition to a meal (7 quid for a small pack of mochi). Umeboshi plums we found online for 8 quid a jar, so we didn't get those.. however we did find daikon at our local market for a quid, so be prepared to get creative.

I do struggle with how geared this book is to American stores, and American substitutes.

The information before the recipes is fascinating, and it's definitely a book that hasn't been put away on the shelves, but in terms of realistic cooking, I might be looking online for easier, simpler foods that are still vegan, like low fat, high veg content, Slow Cooker recipes.

My favourite thing we repeatedly have is a vegan breakfast, simple really, but I'd never think of having kale, grilled tomatoes, vegan bacon, baked beans and toast for my breakfast, but it's absolutely delicious.

Plus if you haven't looked, I also really recommend checking out the website. It's great.

4.0 out of 5 stars the kind Diet, 18 Sep 2013
it was quite a nice book but didn't like many of the recipes. it was a good read .but being an American publication, difficult to source ingredients

5.0 out of 5 stars Super recipes!, 9 Jun 2013
Loved the way the book was written, very readable. I've tried a lot of the recipes and up to now, every single one has been delicious. It's changed the way I think and cook. Brilliant! If she ever wrote a book with more recipes, I'd buy it without any hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 4 May 2013
Really enjoyed reading this, its split into sections so you aren't overwhelmed with information at once. Great recipes, the peanut butter cups are delicious- i've been making them nearly every 4 days because they get eaten so quickly. Iv'e tried vegetarianism and veganism before but have found some great tips when it comes to substituting veg in and ideas for different meals so i haven't become bored with it and have been veggie now for over a month. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING - I love this book, 13 Aug 2012
This book is AMAZING.

It is written really well and is as if Alicia is chatting to you over a cup of green tea.

It is bursting with real interesting facts about food and what you are really putting into your system.

The recipes are really tasty and fun to cook.

I Love the kind diet and am now living the kind life.

I recommend to anyone who is thinking about living a healthy life and being the best they can be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really really good, 11 July 2012
You get ALOT for your money with this book. I bought it expecting a recipe book only, but this is a recipe book plus loooads more information on diet and health which is extremely interesting. The food is great too - not rabbit food!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›