5.0 out of 5 stars Fern Grower's Manual: Revised and Expanded Edition, 29 Dec 2011
Fern Grower's Manual: Revised and Expanded Edition This is a beautiful, large heavyweight book. The book has high quality print, paper and photographs and diagrams. This reference book is very well organised so it is straight forward to find a particular fern family. It also contains a great deal of the facts pertaining to ferns, the various parts and reproduction methods. This is not a book to read as such but a reference book for the fern expert and enthusiast. Well worth the money. It arrived on time and well protected by the packaging.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction to ferns, 29 Jan 2014
K. J. Kilburn (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fern Grower's Manual (Paperback)
I have loved ferns since first 'discovering' them in the wild some 40yrs ago but I could quite put my finger on why until a recent conversation with an astronomy friend; of course, they appeal to my interest in fractal geometry and the beautiful complexity of natural plant forms. But I still found them difficult; to me, individually they all looked alike! This book has helped me to appreciate the different forms that this fascinating phylum can take. I'm now beginning to appreciate ferns better and prompted by this book have started a modest collection of about two dozen varieties. The diagrams are excellent and have certainly assisted my understanding of ferns and how to grow them. My only criticism is that the illustrations are not in colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fern growers, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fern Grower's Manual (Paperback)
Arrived when promised, in good condition - not the right book for an amateur or beginner but a very useful book for the more experienced gardener

Fern Grower's Manual
Fern Grower's Manual by Robbin C. Moran (Paperback - 28 Nov 2012)