5.0 out of 5 stars Easy style to read, but very deep content. Challenging.
Published on 7 Nov 1997

2.0 out of 5 stars it was a photo copy
Sadly this book was a photo copy of the original. I ordered this book for my Husband for Christmas...Even he was surprised it was a photo copy.
Published on 8 Jun 2011 by Caz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy style to read, but very deep content. Challenging., 7 Nov 1997
By A Customer
One of the absolute best books I've ever read...of any genre! There are many "devotional" style books out there, but very few come close to this in either writing style, but more importantly in content. Probably the author's best work. Writes clearly, simply, and very powerfully. Best read in small chunks because even though the writing is clear, the thoughts are deep and require reflection before moving on.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all-time favorites, 22 July 1999
By A Customer
There are not many books that are so timeless and challenging as The Pursuit of God. If you are tired of modern evangelicalism's false ideas that we can come to Christ without forsaking the world, that being a Christian means nothing more than to sidestep hell one day, this book is for you. Prepare to glow with the presence of God while you read this - we were created to know God intimately, and this book beautifully makes that known. Read it and be changed forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars transforming, 30 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Paperback)
This is an amazing book. It has really transformed my relationship with God- openeing my eyes to see more of WHO HE IS. I highly recommend it- prepare to be refreshed and challenged by this incredible book!

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST Reading, 2 Jun 1999
By A Customer
What a profound impact this book had and still has on me! I first read it in El-Salvador and was all but arrested by the Spirit of God has He illumined these pages to me. I have read it for many years after that time as well. This really should be in EVERY Christian's library.

5.0 out of 5 stars COME ON CHURCH! LETS BE REAL, WE ALL NEED THIS!, 11 Dec 2008
Mr. N. K. Darko-obiri (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
THIS BOOK POINTS OUT THE VERY ESSENCE OF CHRISTIANITY AND OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.I'M ONLY HALFWAY THROUGH IT AND ALREADY I CAN HONESTLY SAY ITS RIGHT UP THERE WITH MY FAVOURITE BOOKS,PROBABLY NUMBER 1 (BESIDES THE HOLY BIBLE WHICH IS ETERNALLY NUMBER ONE).THE PURSUIT OF GOD IS MY NUMBER ONE BOOK, NOT BECAUSE IT NECESSARILY EXCITES ME,ALTHOUGH IT CERTAINLY DOES,BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY BECAUSE IT CONVICTS ME TO THE VERY CORE OF MY SOUL.THE BOOK REALLY TEACHES US WHAT CHRISTIANITY IS REALLY ABOUT, ESPECIALLY IN AN AGE WHERE IT SEEMS TO HAVE LOST ITS ESSENTIAL MEANING.ONE REVIEWER SAID THE THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS BOOK IS SOMEWHAT PROPHETIC AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT I AGREE 100%.ITS SO RELEVANT TO OUR DAY THAT YOU CAN ONLY CONCLUDE THAT IT IS PROPHETIC,ITS AS IF A.W TOZER IS WITH US TODAY AND WROTE THIS BOOK YESTERDAY.TIMELESS!TIMELESS!TIMELESS! NOW I WILL BE HONEST, THE BOOK IS QUITE SMALL(ABOUT 93 PAGES) BUT ITS TAKING ME A LITTLE WHILE TO FINISH READING IT BECAUSE I HAVE SPENT MUCH TIME PONDERING ON THE RICHNESS OF TRUTH WITHIN ITS PAGES IN EVERY CHAPTER. I THINK I HAVE READ SOME CHAPTERS THREE TIMES OVER. WHAT AN AMAZINGLY LIFE CHANGING BOOK! A.W TOZER WAS AND THROUGH HIS WORKS STILL IS A GIFT TO THE BODY OF CHRIST,HIS WORKS HAVE STOOD THE TEST OF TIME, DEFINATELY ONE OF THE GREATEST CONTEMPORARY PREACHERS/LEADERS OF OUR GENERATION. I KNOW HE IS WITH THE LORD UP IN HEAVENLY GLORY BUT HIS WORKS HAVE BEEN PRESERVED SO THAT MANY OF US WHO ARE TRULY SEEKING GOD WOULD ENCOUNTER HIM(GOD)DAILY IN OUR LIVES.I AM A YOUNG 25 YEAR OLD MINISTER OF THE GOSPEL AND I HAVE BEEN PERSUADED OF THE TIMELESS TRUTHS IN THIS BOOK. BOTH YOUNG AND OLD NEED THIS BOOK PERIOD. NOTHING HE HAS WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK IS BEYOND THE SCRIPTURES.HE IS EXPOSITING SOME REAL BIBLICAL TRUTHS AND THAT IS CERTAINLY WHAT THE BODY OF CHRIST NEEDS RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW.THIS BOOK HAS THE SIGNATURE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ALL OVER IT, SO DONT HESITATE, BUY IT NOW, NOW, NOW! HALLELUJAH AND AMEN!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A.W. Tozer, the Pursuit of God, 15 Oct 2013
This book is a treasure, it takes you into the deep with God. Read one chapter at the time, with a prayer at the end of each chapter.Very quick delivery, in a good condition, it is everything we asked for! We certainly recommend this book and the supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book fabulous price, 13 April 2013
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Paperback)
I decided to purchase this book after coming across a number of Tozer's references.
If you're looking for an inspirational, direct book full of Biblical truths then this will be for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars gem of a book, 31 Dec 2010
Definitely a 'classic'. Each page is packed with truths that challenge you right to the core of your being. Was given this as a present, and have been giving this out as a present ever since! A must-have-on-your-shelf of Tozer's.
One thing I will say, though - I ordered it thinking I would get the book as displayed, instead I recieved one with a different cover. Not that it mattes hugely as the content is still the same, but it does have a different look to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for every Christian, 13 Nov 2010
This book may have been written many years ago but its message is bang up to date for every Christian today. If your seeking a closer walk with God then the message of this book will speak to your inner longing. Tozer shows us the way to the close relationship God wants us to have with him every moment of our day. He shows what it means to walk with God.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Persuit of God is a must have book - a life turner!, 30 April 2009
Mr. Andrei Pyatibratov (London) - See all my reviews
a friend of mine gave me that book to read and after a week i understood that i will be reading it over and over again and decided to buy it.

It is a very personal and don't get me wrong but this author speaks from experience. There is nothing scientific or overcomplicated - it really speak to your heart. It helped me... to understand God more ... to understand myself more... and to enjoy life in a scense i never thought i could.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Pursuit of God
The Pursuit of God by A. W. Tozer (Paperback - 22 Nov 2008)
Used & New from: 0.01