on 4 November 2012
This is the second copy of this book that I have owned having previously purchased the much more expensive Hard-backed version many years ago.
Napoleon Hill was an absolute master at what he did and he teachings can and do inspire the very mindset needed to live your dreams, even in today's society.
One thing that Mr Hill stipulates is that more than 98% of people never adopt the teachings and apply them to their own lives. In a bid to discourage the failure rate he goes on to explain the reasons why and provides solutions. He was a man unbiased-ly determined to help and assist in life improvement for all.

Don't feel discouraged or disappointed if after reading Think and Grow rich you fail to put his methods into proper action. If you do, I am living proof that they work. If you don't, I am also living proof that you will not forget what he teaches, it will be set in the back of your mind and eventually when you are ready you will have subconsciously built up a better understanding of his advice and want to re-re-read his book.

If like me you are in the habit of lending books out,,, Point Blankly refuse with this one. I happily lent out my hard-backed copy feeling that I had gotten what value I could from it.

I went on to purchase this much much cheaper version thinking that all I needed was a refresher copy only to find that it is a much fuller version going into a lot more detail than my previous hard-backed copy. Reprints often get altered, such I believe to be the case with Think and Grow Rich.

In my opinion this much cheaper version is my book of choice, not just because of the price but because of the original content too.

I hope that helps :)Think and Grow Rich. Complete Reprint of the 1937 Bestselling Classic. Includes Self Analysis Test & "Fifty Seven Famous Alibis"
Books on similar subjects appear to arrive several at a time. In addition to this particular work, I have another three all with the word `Millionaire' in the title (two very different works both called "How to think like a Millionaire" and one called "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind). No!, they do not show you how to go out and win the lottery or obtain the secret of some other get-rich-quick scheme. If they did, I would describe them all as rubbish and demand a refund from the publisher.

Leaving those other works aside, this book shows you how to look after and make the most of what you have. My father always used to decry the fact that "money always goes to money." Of course, if you have a lot and are getting a decent rate of interest, then, of course, it does. But I also remember a young married soldier from many years ago who owned a very up-market car, a nice towing caravan, a small removals lorry and had the finest furniture in his married quarter. Those vehicles were for rent and his fellow soldiers (and officers) made the most of them. I remember him very clearly because everything he achieved was both legal and on an under-paid private soldier's wage and he owed no money to anyone. His secret was in making extra money and looking after all his income with the greatest care.

And that is what this book is all about. It requires the reader to adopt a very different attitude towards money and expenditure and it works. Or at least it can - if you are prepared to learn the lessons and put them in to practise.

And I wish you well.

NM
on 14 August 2013
Your view on life will change dramatically on reading and completion of this book. Essentially aiding you with the process of changing your mind to 'think and grow rich' as a person, not just with finances, but with all of life's riches such as happiness, faith and more. Every person who wishes to better themselves in life should own this book.
on 12 October 2015
all the books that stood the test of time speak for them self, and this is one of them. i have bought the CD in the car and the book at home , very useful to have as the first book on the way to success, very high on my recommandation list. READ< LISTEN AND LISTEN AGAIN
on 10 June 2013
I dont want to comment on the content of the book itself. It has been there for decades and very popular. Thats says it all. In terms of this print, the book came in a larger size with very small print. Maybe I should have read the discreption properly. It was my fault anyway. Otherwise it is a good to buy if you just want to read and throw. If you want to keep it as a collection I would recommend to buy a better version.
on 5 July 2012
This book is excellent and it is quite unbelievable that it was written in the 1930s. He is very specific about all abundance in life coming from our spiritual essence and how we can really tap into that.
on 16 June 2016
This book was a recommendation from Brian Tracy the "Millionaires Success Guru" as one of the three books that will change your life, he was not wrong. I brought two of the books he suggested but then decided to buy the Autobiography of the person who asked Napoleon Hill to write Think & Grow Rich, Andrew Carnegie. If you have ever wondered why Bill Gates and Warren Buffett "give back" read these two books and wonder no more. Enjoy!
on 5 October 2013
This book is a tad to technical for me, but great none the less.
Well worth reading.
Riches does not have to be money, it can be anything.
on 28 July 2014
This book is so so so brilliant - Only God knows why I hadn't read it earlier. Have even ordered copies for friends! An excellent book.
on 12 December 2012
better than expected. Although written at the early part of 20th century, with a basic knowledge of history, it is easy to understand.