5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely companion for this next part of my journey!, 8 July 2014
Shelagh Cosgrove (Columbus, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: When the Heart Breaks: A Journey Through Requited and Unrequited Love (Audio CD)
This beautiful cd-set so far exceeded my expectations, it's difficult to say by just how much! Perhaps I didn't have any expectations, but as I listened to it for the very first time, all I can say is, I was stunned. And something woke up and came alive in me that I was so ready for, without even realizing it. This was my very first introduction to the poet, David Whyte, and I was listening and hearing with an intensity that made me realize, I've been sleepwalking for a good long while! I loved to hear the way David reads these poems, slowly, repeating lines or phrases in such a way, it's almost like an incantation! I so appreciated the repetitions--something I've never heard another poet do--because you could miss a word hear or there, or a particular emphasis--but David makes sure you get it without any sense of hammering home a message. Just a gentle flow of words and truths and profound moments, and yes, a coming alive! He makes me want to write, to find my own truths, go deeper into the beauty and depth of this existence while I still have time to do so. Besides all this, he's a great story-teller, offering background anecdotes about his own journey with a great sense of humour and humility. A rare and wonderful 'find". I've since acquired some of his books and more cds as I want to be accompanied on my journey by this friendly being.

5.0 out of 5 stars soul food, 23 Jan 2014
chose a 5 star because this tape was inspirational.David Whyte is a wonderful raconteur and deliverer of poetry his own and others.
I will recommend it to friends who are on there own spiritual journeys.

5.0 out of 5 stars This will teach you to love poetry, 28 Oct 2013
Edward Langschmidt (Toronto ON) - See all my reviews
Here is another of David Whyte's CDs for you to treasure - it should appeal to soft hearts and hard heads

When the Heart Breaks: A Journey Through Requited and Unrequited Love