5.0 out of 5 stars good gift
as my sister in law has chickens I bought her this book as a gift. she was very happy with it!
Published 9 months ago by Rose Gilmour

3.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Egg
A fairly good cookbook for the basics, but not a keeper for me. I already know how to scramble, poach, soft-boil, and hard-boil an egg. I know how to make omelets and egg salad sandwiches. I was hoping for more variety. More ideas beyond the basics.

Published 9 months ago by Book Reviewer 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars good gift, 23 Dec 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Egg, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Fresh Egg Cookbook, The (Paperback)

Plus, I bought this in Kindle and would have preferred a linked index or something to permit me to find recipes faster. As it is, I have to scroll through each chapter to locate the actual recipes, and that means working past a lot of information and photos that don't interest me because they pertain to raising chickens or the author's family anecdotes. It's just irrelevant. (Unless you are interested in raising your own chickens.) Some of the recipes call for raw eggs, which the author explains that you can safely eat if you're raising your own chickens, but that puts those recipes off-limits to those of us still buying grocery-store eggs.

So, if you are looking for lots of creative, beyond-the-basics recipes for grocery-store eggs, and you don't want any extraneous content to get in your way, this book might not match up with your needs. On the other hand, it's well-written. If you buy this book in paperback so you can flip through it fast to the recipes, or if you are considering raising chickens for the first time, and you don't have any experience with that or with cooking eggs, you'll probably love this book. It gives lots of chicken raising facts, and gives you a feel for the homesteading culture. The recipes, though basic, are sound and will give you a good running start.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eggsactley what I wanted, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Fresh Egg Cookbook, The (Paperback)
The contents of the book was just what I required. The delivery was exactly on time although I was hoping that a day or two may have been knocked off. However, I only asked for the basic free delivery. The package was very secure and the book was delivered in perfect condition. Although it was a paperback version it was fairly sturdily covered and well presented. Bought it as a present and was pleased with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Fresh Egg Cookbook, The (Paperback)
excellent book and funny. good read and good recipies. easy to follow and try the foo young but most of all keep your own chickens they are fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Great Ideas, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Fresh Egg Cookbook, The (Paperback)
This s a lovely book about a family with chickens and full of great recipes. Would make a good gift because its more than just a cook book.

Fresh Egg Cookbook, The
Fresh Egg Cookbook, The by Trainer, Jennifer Thompson (Paperback - 13 Feb 2012)