4.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners!
I ordered this book because I was interested to know about different ways of casting on and off. However, I would warn future buyers that you really need to be an experienced knitter as some of the methods are quite difficult to master. It's all a matter of practising I would think. Although I am a very experienced knitter I found some of the methods quite difficult...
Published on 22 Sep 2012 by Mariana

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really worth £8
I am a very keen and competent knitter, however, this book doesn't really have enough techniques or variety of techniques to make it worth the price. If you are a beginner and looking for some different techniques this could be the book for you. I am returning it.
Published 6 months ago by Andrea

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, Helpful and Informative, 15 Sep 2014
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
I bought this for my girlfriend. She was very happy with it and thought it useful, helpful and informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very compact and useful addition to your knitting bag, 26 April 2013
L. Clarkson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
This is a most useful book. I consider myself an experienced knitter. This has taught me a thing or two about casting on and off!
It's small enough to keep in your work box/bag (Oh hurrah for supermarket bags for life!! Contain and protecting knitting projects so well.). This book has has a lot in it for its size. I have tried the tubular cast offs and it gives a fanstatic cuff finish. I have just knitted my first jumper from the top down - so I end up having cast off the cuffs and hem.

The instruction and pictures are clear and easy to follow. I was able to adjust the instructions using a bit of common sense for knitting in the round. Each technique has recommendations for what each method is best suited for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
Not as informative or full of ideas as hoped for.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really good guide, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
I bought this as I wanted a handy reference to look up various cast on and bind off methods. This book is brilliant. It explains quite clearly how to execute each method and gives you a good idea of the uses for that method. The book is well laid out and the picture are very good as are the instructions. I would recommend this book to anyone. Beginners will learn much and even experienced knitters will like this book for its variety. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars CAST ON BIND OFF, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
TAUGHT ME THAT THERE ARE MORE WAYS THEN ONE TO CAST OFF OR ON AND THAT IT PAYS WHEN THE CAST OFF IS TO TIGHT

3.0 out of 5 stars Cast on Bind off, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
This book is very interesting. I have been knitting for 40 years and didn't realise there were so many ways of casting on etc. Its worth a try to get a different edge on your knitting, it makes it unusual.

Cast On, Bind Off
Cast On, Bind Off by Ann, Leslie Bestor (Spiral-bound - 14 July 2012)