4.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners!
Published 19 months ago by Mariana

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really worth 8
I am a very keen and competent knitter, however, this book doesn't really have enough techniques or variety of techniques to make it worth the price. If you are a beginner and looking for some different techniques this could be the book for you. I am returning it.
Published 22 days ago by Andrea

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners!, 22 Sep 2012
Mariana (West Country, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
I ordered this book because I was interested to know about different ways of casting on and off. However, I would warn future buyers that you really need to be an experienced knitter as some of the methods are quite difficult to master. It's all a matter of practising I would think. Although I am a very experienced knitter I found some of the methods quite difficult though I haven't tried them all yet. If you want something a little bit different then this is a really good book from which to learn. One bonus is that it is spiral bound so lies flat making it much easier to use. I would recommend this book and am glad I ordered it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, shame the page layout needs fixing, 25 Sep 2012
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
I got this book because although an experienced knitter, I had only 1 or 2 types of casting on and off in my repertoire. I do a lot of seamless & Top-down knitting, & the methods I was taught when learning the basics just can't be adapted to suit. This little book has a great range of different methods of each, well illustrated, with handy tips on which is appropriate for different projects, and pluses and minuses of each. My only gripe is in the layout which should be revised for reprints - many of the methods' detailed instructions and photos span 2 pages - surely they could have been laid out to both be visible at the same time? A lot of them need you to turn the page half way through - not easy if you're learning a new method and are holding 2 strands of wool and 5 needles! Other than that it's one of the best books I've got & I'm enjoying trying lots of new methods that are improving the starting/finishing of my projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Reference Book, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
The small physical size (6" x 7") with spiral binding means that this book will be easy to keep with any knitting project. It has good clear photos of the various methods of casting on and casting off (or binding off as it's American) and lovely little sketches suggesting when to use the different techniques. The only gripe I have is that the two photos on page 15 which illustrate 'knitwise' and 'purlwise' are printed back to front / mirror imaged and so look very odd. This could be very confusing to a beginner although it's not really a beginner's book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
I highly recommend you buy this book its a keeper and small enough to pop in your knitting bag
.A really good book with lots of information, Its set out well and easy to understand, Ive been knitting for over 45yrs and some of the cast ons and bind offs were new to me. Have already used a some of the cast ons and two of the bind offs. I look forward to using more. I always srtruggled with the long tail cast on, but its easy to understand in this book. Cant wait to try the triple braid cast on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference Book, 9 Oct 2012
Jill Forrest (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
I never realised that you could cast on and off in so many different ways! I think this is an excellent reference book for any adventurous knitter to have in their library. I particularly appreciate the description of the stitches and what they are most useful for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gem of a book, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
This is turning out to be a really useful resource for someone like me who only ever learnt one way to cast on and off. As my knitting has progressed and matured, my ability to start and finish my work accordingly struggled to keep up. Once i got to the point I knew there must be more ways to cast on and off to make a project better, I started to trawl the internet for ideas. This handy little reference book is great - it brings together those ideas all in one small pakage, and adds a few more aswell - great for referring to on the more tricky aspects of the techniques. Definately worth the amazon price.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for knitters, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
I have been knitting for years, but have long realised that modern wools and knitting patterns require more than the usual means of casting on and off. This book really does give you some good tips - which enables you to give your project a much more professional look. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who enjoys knitting for a hobby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed book, 24 Nov 2012
D. J. Cooper (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
Book does what it promises very well. Clear illustrations, comprehensible instructions and indexes helpful.
Spiral bound format makes it easy to use & size great for carrying around in project bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Nutty Knitter, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
I am finding this book very useful because I don't have any close contact with other knitters and so don't have baisic skills in finishing projects or getting a vaguely professional finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I bought this book, 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: Cast On, Bind Off (Spiral-bound)
This an excellent book and a real must for anyone who not only enjoys their knitting but wants to get past just the basics. The book is clearly written with good instructions, illustrations and when the technique is a good choice to use in a particular project. I class myself as a good knitter and had probably four to six cast ons that I use often. This book gave me so many more possibilities that I feel really enthused about my next cast on. A really good choice for Christmas for the knitter in your family

ARRAY(0xabea5864)

Cast On, Bind Off
Cast On, Bind Off by Ann, Leslie Bestor (Spiral-bound - 14 July 2012)
8.39