‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyeing made easy, at last!, 25 July 2010
This review is from: Hand Dyeing Yarn and Fleece: Dip-Dyeing, Hand-Painting, Tie-Dyeing, and Other Creative Techniques (Spiral-bound)
I am a felt making tutor who was keen to start dyeing my own fibres. I had bookmarked many websites and blogs and everyone seemed to be doing it differently so after many hours searching the net, I came across this on amazon and what a treat it has been. Every possible technique you could want with clear instructions, fantastic photography and easy to do at home projects. I later devised a 3 day workshop based on the findings of this book and it gave my students the confidence to go home and ' get dyeing '. Buy and enjoy!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A treat for the new and apprehensive dyer, 11 Jan 2011
S. Kissun (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought the book and found it very helpful, it has so many techniques that would normally take a while of trawling through the internet to find, and the projects in the back are lovely. There's a lot of advice which is very encouraging to new dyers and the steps make dyeing look easier than most other resources.

If you are interested in dyeing plant fibres, then you'll want to look elsewhere as this book focuses on wool and animal hairs and has almost no information about using procion mx dyes for those interested in dyeing cotton or linen etc.
My only other criticism is the spiral binding, lots of people on the American site are saying that it's great as it lets the book lie flat, but when I was reading the book, I found that many of the inside edges of the pages were stuck together around the binding wire which resulted in a few nearly and lightly torn pages

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 22 Mar 2013
I now have this book in hardcopy and on kindle. I love the clear inspirational instructions. as a beginner I was nervous about using dyes but now there is no stopping me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good hand book, 27 May 2014
A really well thought through book with lots of ideas to encourage a new dyer. Spiral bound, so easy to use and good starter projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK, 23 May 2014
I love it. So full of practical info and inspiration. Keep it on my bedtable! An excellent buy for anyone who is considering dyeing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 17 May 2014
Keep reading it to become familiar, but can't wait to have the time to start having a go. It's so easy to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last a Practical book i can actually make use of while i do my Dyeing and sampling !, 18 Mar 2014
I really enjoy the way the book is set out, with simple approach to a complex subject.

I have been painting and dyeing Silks but not wools for about 20yrs or so and this is just the right manual for me to get started with my yarns and fleece. Thanks for sending so promptly too !

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 3 Sep 2013
Good informative book on acid dyes for woolen and protien textiles. Lovely to look at with an inspirational use of colour. Cannot wait to get started.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !!, 3 Sep 2013
New to dyeing, I bought this book on the strength of it's chapter on painting wool tops with dyes.
The entire book is a gem - that chapter is really useful but the rest of the book is as well. So glad I sent for it and may I add my wool fleece dyeing in multi-colours looks amazing!

A great book for all who are nervy of colouring their own fibres!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 9 July 2013
Really interesting book, Full of really useful information. Will get dyeing soon once I have my set up for it,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›