Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 November 2015
I'm behind the times with these books, only discovering the Honour series a few months ago, which has given me the great fortune to read them back to back without waiting for the next book to be released. Having read the reviews, I noticed it took a while for Radclyffe to write and release book 8 - around 4/5 years. What's quite interesting, is you can certainly see that in the writing. In the earlier books, at the start Radclyffe would recount, only slightly, the end of the previous book with some missed information about the previous few days or weeks. In this case, the book is set a mere month or so after Cam and Blair's wedding, however there is no reference to the events of the day or any greater detail of what happened afterwards etc. That was quite disappointing. We see far less of Cam and Blair in this book, and all of there friends - I don't think Renee is mentioned, neither are Dana and Emory who had such a huge part in book 7, Valerie isn't in it much and Diana barely makes an appearance. I think Stark maybe has two lines. Cam character has changed a bit in the small time frame too - gone is her neurotic obsession with Blair's safety which was written about so eloquently in the former books. And there are a lot more male genitalia sex references - which I hadn't expected. I suppose Radclyffe wishes to broaden her audience?

That all said, the book is still hugely enjoyable - we see two new characters written in - Loren and Skylar - both awesome. The story is really about these two, with Blair and Cameron taking a back seat until roughly half way through. Typically when Radclyffe has written in new characters, they still revolve about the main leads - reside new them or work closely, are friends etc, which keeps you close to B&C, however, with these two characters being so far away from our heroines, it really changes the focus and dynamic of the book. There are heaps more new characters in the book too. It really is a great read - but I will knock off 1 star for all of the above reasons. Enjoy.
on 16 May 2014
Book 8 of the Honor series.

A return to a full blown Honor story this plot sees another attempt on Andrew Powell’s presidency and as always Blair is at risk and Cam is in the middle of it all. There’s a lot going on as we follow the presidential tour, the agents on the ground, the dastardly wanna-be President, the Militia and the motorcycle chapter.

Two new characters to add to the mix, undercover agent Loren, hiding out in plain view in a motorcycle chapter, and her handler Sky, who goes to support her agent and gets thoroughly entangled.

Meanwhile Cam is trying to track down the latest threat to the President and his party, and Blair is chaffing under the restrictions she faces and the protection Cam wants to provide. We see the ongoing development of their relationship, post marriage and as always battling through trying to maintain a strong relationship while dealing with the issues the world can throw at them. Their issues may be different to most of ours, but their relationship tales just as much work.

The interaction between Lauren and Sky is intriguing and the suspense element is provided by the fact that their liaison could be a front the purposes of work, or it could be game playing to protect themselves. Radclyffe always writes good strong women characters and in this we have a whole heap of them, good and bad as she develops the daughters of the militia leader as well as our heroines in the Presidential team.

As always with the Honor Series it brings us new aspects of the secret service, the protection detail and the workings of Homeland Security. An enjoyable read revisiting our favorites while bringing in another set of players to keep us engaged.
on 6 January 2015
Nothing I can say can truly says what I feel about Raddcliffes talent. There are literary greats and I've read most of them but I'd put Radcliffe definitely amongst them especially in the field of lesbian literature. Truly a great writer and even manages to link characters from other novels into the mix which makes the read more inspiring. I seriously can not wait for the next instalment, and continue with cams, Blair, Starks, Wes even, Lorenzo sky's and not forgetting the other truly great characters Diane, Valerie , mac, and Renee. Please hurry I'm truly addicted and need the next instalment. Thanks Bob and read them all you won't be disappointed.
on 23 August 2013
I' ve read all the "Honor Series" and can't get enough, love this one full of suspense. As always Cam & Blair my favorite characters made for each other, also like the new Loren & Skylar, hopefully we get to read more about them.
I await eagerly for the follow up to this great series.
on 31 August 2013
The Honor series revolves around Cameron and Blair and the need for Cameron to do right by her country while adoring her wife.... This book introduces two new characters Loren and Skylar and they add great tension and drama. Very tense and credible thriller. Recommended.
on 21 July 2013
Loved this book! Couldn't wait to read it. I loved the new characters Sky and Loren, Cam and Blair were as great as ever. Lots of action and suspense from start to finish, couldn't read it quick enough, so looking forward to the next in the series :-D
on 22 November 2013
The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is because I would have liked more of Cam in the story but I appreciate it's difficult for Radclyffe to keep finding ways to demonstrate her character.
All power to Radclyffe's elbow!
on 2 August 2013
Brilliant!!!! that is what you expect when you read a Radclyffe novel, she sure didn't disappoint.

Only down point, not worth losing half a star for was Toning Down the sex scene. Oh well!!!
on 26 January 2015
I loved the new characters and how the previous ones have matured but it is very strange that every female book has mostly lesbians in. I would have expected a more realistic view of the world
on 19 February 2014
Did not like it, was more like reading an Army manouevers book, than a lesbain book, not finished, will take it up at some point, to see if it changes my mind.