Format: Hardcover|Change

on 23 July 2011
I bought this book as I'm getting into baking biscuits and there don't seem to be many recipes on these. This is a wonderful book not just on Swedish cakes and biscuits, but I also discovered while looking through these cakes and pastries, many of them are recipes that have found their way across much of Northern Europe. I could count a good many of these are cakes, breads and pastries I've come across in Polish, Hungarian, German, Czech and no doubt Danish cuisine due to cross border travel in the last 60 or so years. It is an absolute MUST in any serious baker's library and anyone who considers themselves a serious cook should have this to use again and again. I'm only sorry I didn't come across this book a few years ago, but will certainly make up for lost time now. Many of these recipes are typical of Northern European cuisine, homely, hearty, gutsy food, full of flavour that you keep coming back for more.
on 16 March 2011
There is a picture of every single recipe. Its great to bake with award winning recipes tried and tested and passed down over the years. The recipes work, dont use a ton of fancy ingredients you can only source from speciality stores and are delicious. Its proper delicious unpretencious food.
on 6 January 2013
Not just cakes and cookies to be tried and admired - the section on yeast baking, with easy and delicious results, is perfect for those of us who enjoy the taste and smell of freshly made rolls, muffins etcetera. I do not care for over-sweet and decorated cakes and cookies, preferring the use of nuts and fruit: this book is perfect for me (and fortunate friends who visit). It is easy to use, and a practical size - typically Scandinavian.
on 2 May 2011
great book and very easy to follow. Only thing I found that annoyed me slightly is the use of cups for measuring purposes but I now have the said cups so it is no longer a problem.
on 13 January 2013
I had looked for a Swedish book of cakes and biscuits for ages and then saw this one! Such a treasure trove of recipes. Some my Mother used to bake and I'm now baking for my kids. All very clearly written and the measurements easy to understand.
on 19 August 2012
If you must choose only one book for baking choose this one This book has excellent recipes and you can't help it to try new one every time.This is really amazing book!!!
on 19 April 2016
Lovely book with lots of great recipes in. Only downside is having to convert the measurements from Swedish and American, but it's not too hard.
on 16 May 2016
Very nice book - thank you! :o)
on 17 December 2010
I ordered this book for a friends birthday as her then boyfriend is Swedish (now married). He LOVED the book and is waiting for my friend to start baking from it.
on 15 February 2013
So why only 3 stars? because most of the units are in weird measurements and having to convert all the time is a pain in the mixing bowl.