5.0 out of 5 stars Destined to be a classic
I have had an interest in graphology for many years and I have found that
this book is, by far, the best I have read on the subject in over 15 years.

Published on 26 Mar. 2009 by Allyn Pazienza

1.0 out of 5 stars Gobbledygook!
I bought this book as I am very interested in handwriting analysis, but didn't really learn anything useful from it. It is full of pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo of no use to any lay person. A brilliant alternative would be to buy Sex, Lies and Handwriting by Michelle Dresbold, also available here at Amazon.
Published on 19 Jan. 2009 by C. Groves

5.0 out of 5 stars Destined to be a classic, 26 Mar. 2009
Allyn Pazienza (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Definitive Book of Handwriting Analysis: The Complete Guide to Interpreting Personalities, Detecting Forgeries, and Revealing Brain Activity Throu: ... Activity Through the Science of Graphology (Paperback)
I have had an interest in graphology for many years and I have found that
this book is, by far, the best I have read on the subject in over 15 years.

It really is that good and it covers everything! The history of the field, how to really analyze a handwriting, forgery detection and questioned documents and even how handwriting is organized by the brain. On top of that, there are many interesting handwriting samples, both historical and popular, like that of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles, Uri Geller, Bruce Springsteen, Dakota Fanning, Paul Newman, Jackie Kennedy, Jayne Mansfield, Michael Jackson, Donald Trump, Howard Hughes and Albert Einstein. Every page has something to offer, filled with insights and what I would call "real information." What I like the most, if that there is no fluff here. Frankly, my only criticism would be that I would love it if the book were twice as long. I thoroughly enjoyed it. This is a great and valuable addition to anyone's library. If you have any interest in the amazing and complex field of handwriting analysis, don't miss this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good book by a knowledgeable writer., 22 Sept. 2009
Mr. O. Germain (London) - See all my reviews
I have bought "THE DEFINITIVE Book of HANDWRITING ANALYSIS" having no prior knowledge or background of the subject.
In his "[...] Book of HANDWRITING ANALYSIS", Marc Seifer focuses mainly on the following four aspects: firstly, the history of graphology - a critical survey of the contributions of some of the most influential graphologists including Jean Crépieux-Jamin, Ludwig Klages, Max Pulver,the German school, graphology in America... - secondly, the psychology of handwriting, also termed by Seifer "brain writing" - here Seifer looks at four factors to the form of our handwriting: the structure of our brain, our psychosexual stages of development, and our conscious, preconscious and unconscious, and finally brain trauma. Thirdly, the author concentrates on the actual analysis of handwriting starting with its form level. He then uses an adaptation of Klara Roman's psychogram -a series of 40 psychological traits arranged in a circle- to explain how those traits are revealed in our handwriting. Finally, Seifer develops the topics of forgery and disguises in handwriting.
Now, the Plus, the Minus and the highlights about "THE DEFINITIVE Book of HANDWRITING ANALYSIS". The Plus: I like Seifer's broad approach to the topic of handwriting analysis. I think the book is well organised into chapters, well laid out and clear in its explanations, with a lot of handwriting samples ranging from the rest of us to such famous people as Joseph Conrad, Jackie Kennedy, Neil Armstrong..., most of those samples being thoroughly explained. The diagram of the brain structure helps understand and visualize the link between our brain and our handwriting. The minus: I wish Seifer had devoted a chapter to an actual analysis of handwriting to bring it all together. The highlight: the "psychogram" as a guide to what features in handwriting to look for and how those relate to the psychology of the writer is definitely my highlight of the book.
"THE DEFINITIVE Book of HANDWRITING ANALYSIS" is to be read attentively and between the lines if one is to gain maximum benefit from it. In this respect, it is not an "easy" book but Marc Seifer has managed to keep the jargon of graphology while being clear in their explanations. Not only can "THE DEFINITIVE Book of HANDWRITING ANALYSIS" be used as a textbook but it can also be used as a reference manual.
Would I recommend Marc J. Seifer's "THE DEFINITIVE Book of HANDWRITING ANALYSIS"? YES.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic production, well done, 12 Mar. 2009
Nigel Bradley (London, UK) - See all my reviews
For over 20 years I have made it my self-appointed task to scan the graphological landscape to document and report on significant researchers and events. Marc Seifer has consistently hit my radar with his research and sharing of knowledge. His Definitive Book of Handwriting Analysis is a fine example of a work that is both a point of reference and a suitable book for teaching. He has fused modern thinking on the subject from many different nations. For the beginner this is a perfect starting point and even the most knowledgeable graphologist will find something new."
- Nigel Bradley -- Graphology commentator based in Great Britain

1.0 out of 5 stars Gobbledygook!, 19 Jan. 2009
C. Groves (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars handwriting analysis., 26 Feb. 2009
A. G. Conway (LONDON) - See all my reviews
interesting and useful for amateurs who wish to learn a little amount about this complicated subject.