Format: Game|Change

on 25 March 2014
As far as I see it there are two main good reasons to buy this deck both valid:

1st: You enjoy playing the game but you want to expand the experience and invite 2 other friends to play. Perhaps it's not essential to buy this add-on to go from four to a six players game, although it will considerably improves experience in my opinion, and solves some limited amount of specific cards issue.

2nd: Or you want to get some new characters for you and your friends to try, and also some extra boons and banes. Expanding your experience even if you are playing it solo.

I bought it for both reasons to get an extra player and increase the amount of characters available.

Perhaps if I didn't have extra players to invite I would've postponed acquiring this until after I got more adventure decks.

Yet I'm quite happy that I did, some of new characters easily are among my favourite and have an extra friend at the table, can't go wrong with, unless it's a tiny table ;)
on 21 January 2014
Loving this - it's basically a card-based dungeon-crawl (even though the locations are many and varied and not restricted to dungeons). Assemble your party, create the locations using the Adventure and Scenario cards and then go monster slaying, loot gathering and Villain-hunting.

Has a really well thought out 'timer' mechanism that means it doesn't matter if you play solo or with friends - or create a party where you control all the heroes. The game lasts for the same amount of play-time (marked by flipping a card from a deck of 30 to show each character's turn).

If you like D&D, Pathfinder (obviously) or just fantasy games in general, this is for you.

Note - this is the first card-only game I've bought and played, having been unsure about card games in the past. Definitely worth it.
on 10 August 2014
Got Chinese print cards to go with my US printed base game. Different size and colour palette. Doesn't shuffle properly when card size differs.. Not amazons fault I suppose. Do I just keep purchasing until a US set gets sent ?
on 17 March 2014
Easy to learn, simple mechanics but great feel to a boardgame. Each game is totally different and the play balance is great, recommend to anyone who is interested in boardgame or RPG
on 12 February 2014
Product arrived promptly, no dinks, tears or scratches, a great addition to a fun game. I would recommend this to anyone who has purchased the base game.
on 15 January 2014
The extra classes give you a lot more options to the game, I really do recommend getting this expansion for the base set
on 13 February 2015
Arrived quickly and as described not played yet
on 1 May 2014
Back side color of cars was not even close to base set color, also size of colors differs. Character add-on cards are smaller, its barely noticeable, but still very annoying. I am completely disappointed with this purchase.
on 13 March 2014
I got this after we started thinking people may want to swap characters.....Nope. Total waste of time as an expansion. Should be in the game already. Buy it when you get the core game!
on 3 August 2015