1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Numeria and Alchemist, 1 July 2012
Jens Loesel (Deal, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pathfinder Tales: City of the Fallen Sky (Paperback)
This book is the 9th book in the Pathfinder Tales series. It is written by Tim Pratt who seems to have written a lot before - including a Forgotten Realm novel.
The main hero is Alaeron - an Alchemist from Almas, the capital of Andoran. He travels with Skiver, a gambling rogue Jaya - a ranger from the Mwangi Expanse.
I'm not trying to give away too much of the story - enough if I say it is an interesting story with well developed main characters and interesting relationships between them.
In regard to Golarion lore and the Pathfinder system we get introduced to the Alchemist in the form of Alaeron. Flashbacks to Numeria give some insights into this otherwise not much explored region.
The travel itself goes from Almas, via Absalom and Osirion to the fringes of the Mwangi Expanse. It then really nicely takes advantage of the Pathfinder Campaign Setting - Lost Cities of Golarion and the finale happens in the former flying city of Kho.

I admit I'm not a fan at all of mixing technology and fantasy. I rather avoid this combination if possible. But the book nicely introduced Numeria to me and maybe it helped a lot to settle a lot of prejudice I had and look at the combination more openly now.

All in all another book in the series that I can whole heartily recommend.

Pathfinder Tales: City of the Fallen Sky
Pathfinder Tales: City of the Fallen Sky by Tim Pratt (Paperback - 19 Jun 2012)
7.22