Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 June 2015
I love this book, I am finding it inspiring, the only problem is that because it is an American book I don't always know what some of the ingredients are? So I have to guess! It's well presented and full of new ideas, and I would recommend it.
on 22 February 2011
This book is great, it is full of very nutritious food and gives loads of fresh ideas. I highly recommend the book and especially the tempeh and black eye bean balls with pasta, yummy!!!
on 2 June 2015
Looks full of good ideas, not used it yet. As I'm aiming to change my diet to at least 50% vegetarian, I'm looking for new ways to incorporate more of the green stuff, and think this will be useful.
If not, I like reading cook books.
on 10 October 2014
Best book evarr! My omni friends and nearest and dearest think that too. It is great for work lunches and for general helathy cooking. Love it it is constant part of my cooking life and i can not thank Isa for writing it enough :)
on 20 April 2013
This was the first cook book I brought after deciding to take on a vegan diet, it was the right choice, full of great tips and advice as well as really tasty recipes. highly recommended for both vegans and non-vegans alike
on 12 November 2011
I'm not a vegan, not even cose to a vegeterian but I LOVE this recipe book! I bought it because I wanted some ideas on side dishes. I figured vegeterian and vegan cookbooks were a good place to start as they celebrate grains and vegetables rather than throw them in as an afterthought. Even though I'm a meat eater, I also love beans, pulses, all grains, tofu etc. I love ALL foods which unfortunately has it's repercussions as you know so in a bid to improve my diet I decided to make vegetables a big part of it. However there was only many recipes I could come up with which was when I decided to seek inspiration in veggie cookbooks. I really love how simple the recipes here are and the fact that they don't need to be followed to the letter, you can swap around to use your favourite vegetables! With the lighter dishes all I do is pair it with a grilled piece of meat or fish or a stew and the heartier dishes, I serve as they are. I've only had it for a few days and I've already made 6 recipes from it. Granted, a lot of it's recipes contain other dishes as one of its components but after making a few dishes you'll build up a few leftovers anyway, which I love. I was also happy to see that there were no bizzare meat replacements in there, it was really refreshing to see a vegan cookbook using natural ingredients.

The negative is that the print quality is poor with a lot of pages with blurry print. The font was big enough for me to make out what was printed but not really ideal. Also the cover is very flimsy considering the fact that it will be in the kitchen with heat, humidity and splashes!
on 22 September 2013
I lent this book out to a friend and missed it terribly! The recipes are easy to follow, quick and really tasty. Loads of surprises - the baked onion rings are incredible, and the BBQ tamarind tofu is fab.
on 10 June 2016
In terms of delivery and service, I have no complaints.
The book was a little disappointing, very few illustrations especially for a novice vegan cook. But some people do rave over it.
on 8 August 2011
The vegan recipes in this book are so easy and the ingredients used are available most places. You probably already have many of them in your cupboards. I have made several of the salads, some of the hot dishes and two of the soups. They have all been tasty and filling and they've been enjoyed by all my family and friends, including some omnivores.

I thoroughly recommend this book, it's certainly not run of the mill - vegan with pizzazz!
on 8 April 2011
I just had surgery on my shoulder,which is keeping me from being able to exercise,other than some short walk. I realized that,even though I'm a vegan,I could very well end up gaining some weight,if I'm not careful. I only got this book yesterday,but as someone who cooks all the time,I can clearly tell that this cookbook is a keeper! I'm going to have to get my husband to make some of these recipes until I'm able to use my arm again.