5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!
I am so pleased with this book. Being vegan and wheat-intollerant can sometimes be tricky, and even though there are a lot of good vegan cook books on the market they often rely on recipes for pasta, or pizza, pies and cakes which are off the menu usually. However, not with this book! It is stuffed with delicious recipes: all of them easy and wheat-free!
I've cooked...
Published on 11 Sept. 2009 by B. Sutcliffe

3.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes shame about the book!
I am neither intolerant to wheat or a vegan however last year i went through a vegan cookbook phase after discovering the wonderful 'Vegan with a Vengeance' and 'Vegan Cookies invade your cookie jar' and this was one of the books i read.
Published on 10 Jun. 2011 by cupcake girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes shame about the book!, 10 Jun. 2011
cupcake girl (The Provinces, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gluten-free Vegan: 150 Delicious Gluten-free, Animal-free Recipes (Paperback)
I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was as it looks really naff. There are no piccys,the layout is dull and there's a really boring looking stir fry on the cover however the recipes are very good.

My favourite recipes so far have been the meatless meatballs made with sweet potatoes which are a revelation (i never thought vegan food could taste so good)the pizza sauce which is extremely simple but the best i've ever tried and the peach and raspberry smoothie which is divine! Also, great recipes for salads (using lots of different veg/several combos i'd never thought of like the anti oxidant salad)and fabulous dressings.

The only recipe i've made so far which was terrible was the carob and brazil nut shake but that's probably because i loathe carob and im not terribly keen on brazil nuts either but i thought i'd give it a try anyway.

Most of the ingredients can be found in your local health food shop however i can't find Sorghum flour anywhere not even on the internet.

The Author is entertaining and enthusiastic about her food which is always good but i cannot give it any more than 3 stars because of the lousy layout as i mentioned earlier and my biggest bugbear and this is probably not the authors fault, it's probably down to the fact that this is an american book but everything is measured in cups which is all fine and dandy when you are baking and shoving your cup in a bag full of flour but totally impractical when buying mushrooms at the supermarket. How on earth do you know what half a cup of chopped mushrooms is or a cup of cooked rice? (it's actually half a cup of uncooked rice as i've discovered).

If you're a wheat intolerant vegan than you probably know all these recipes already but i enjoyed it and would advise others to give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 11 Sept. 2009
B. Sutcliffe (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
I've cooked up quite a few of the receipes so far, but the biggest success was the chocolate brownie recipe, which was taken into the office for my 30th birthday morning coffee break. Not one of my colleagues could believe that the gooey, fudgy brownie was indeed both vegan and wheat-free; and nearly everyone wanted the recipe!
I highly recommend this book! Even if you aren't a vegan or wheat-intollerant. The recipes are superb and you will really enjoy them I'm sure!

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 4 Sept. 2009
I feel rather offended actually, I already know how to make stir fries and salads, I don't need a cook book to tell me how! To sum it up, most of the recipes seem to be lots of chopped veggies mixed together in various ways: the front cover picture proves my point! I also found that the ingredients for the dessert recipes were hard to come by in the uk, I certainly couldn't find half the stuff in Holland and Barret or even our independent health shops. There were loads of recipes I couldn't cook for that reason. The meals are expensive too due to the number of different vegetables and grains in one dish.
However, the writer is very enthusiastic and at first glance I felt very motivated, that is, until I saw the ingredients lists.
If my baby hadn't creased the cover I would have flogged it on ebay!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and so easy!, 14 Dec. 2011
G. J. Aflalo (London UK) - See all my reviews
My favourite cookbook so far. Recipes are uncomplicated and the author shares her knowledge and experience in a friendly and simple way.
Anyone who is new to a Gluten-free diet will profit from this. Although vegan and gluten free- she doesn't skimp on taste and clearly loves food, making you feel like you're not missing anything.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful help, 24 Feb. 2014
Mrs H.J. Dyer (LOUGHBOROUGH, Leics United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Another wonderful help to those battling multiple food allergies. It doesn't go quite far enough for me, so I've still some adapting to do but there are some excellent ideas in here and, being Amercian, she uses yet more different flours and syrups! But that's the nature of this life. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with my purchase and item, 28 Mar. 2015
Exactly as described, delivered on last date estimated, very pleased with my purchase and item

3.0 out of 5 stars The Gluten-free Vegan: 150 Delicious Gluten-free, Animal-free Recipes [Paperback], 27 Dec. 2011
The Gluten-free Vegan: 150 Delicious Gluten-free, Animal-free Recipes

I just wanted to highlight that I was not happy when this book arrived and the printed price on it is £9.99!! When I have paid £11.99 plus postage and packaging for it via Amazon? Regards Richard

The Gluten-free Vegan: 150 Delicious Gluten-free, Animal-free Recipes