5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book from Claire Shaeffer, 22 April 2013
Mrs. Marysia T. Paling (Turkey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Couture Sewing: Tailoring Techniques (Paperback)
I have other books by Claire, but this one is fantastic in terms of the layout, pictures and the added bonus of the DVD.
The book is clear and concise and a joy to refer to.

Would highly recommend this book.
Can't wait for her book on the iconic Chanel Jacket, as I have purchased Claires latest Vogue pattern - Chanel style jacket and successfully followed all her couture tips and techniques. This has resulted in a superior finish!!

5.0 out of 5 stars When in doubt, get your Shaeffer out..., 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Couture Sewing: Tailoring Techniques (Paperback)
Ms Shaeffer has done it again. She is a personal favourite of mine as she is concise and is super explanatory through her dialogue and illustrative photographs. More pointedly, she does lift the miasmic mystery that surrounds couture and lends a big hand to see above the loftyness of tailoring. That's enough rhetoric for now. It's a really digestable, good book. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pics, clear instructions, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Couture Sewing: Tailoring Techniques (Paperback)
If you want a book which will give you a good basis for sewing a tailored garment with most of the work hand sewn then this is a good book. It is a dressmaking book on tailoring, but still very good. I bought this at the same time as 'Vintage couture tailoring' and if I had to buy just one for tailoring methods it would be the latter. This is a good book for looking up stitches etc rather than instructions on how to put a jacket together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couture sewing, 3 July 2013
L. JGiles - See all my reviews
This review is from: Couture Sewing: Tailoring Techniques (Paperback)
Great tips in this book. It has certainly made me rethink about sewing and not attempting to rush things. Oh to be a designer!!

5.0 out of 5 stars tdiv, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Couture Sewing: Tailoring Techniques (Paperback)
Loved this book at the first sight. Quite a few things that I would have liked to learn to do- handmade buttonholes, hem interfacing and tailored sleeve. Can't wait to sit down somewhere quiet and go through it thoroughly.

5.0 out of 5 stars I too can now sew couture!, 5 Aug 2014
GillianBC (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Couture Sewing: Tailoring Techniques (Paperback)
This book has an excellent DVD clearly showing all the wonderful couture techniques. The book then has photos as reminders of what is detailed on the DVD and good narrative instructions as reminders. Claire Shaeffer explains it all very well. I am very much a novice (been sewing just a few months), but I'm a quick learner and my first garment was a fitted shirt. I was so pleased with this book that I have just ordered Claire's other book on sewing a Chanel style jacket which I am keen to start. I have already started doing so much more basting and hand finishing since I read this book instead of jumping straight on the machine. I recommend this book to a sewer at any level. It's for someone who is more interested in getting a professional finish rather than finishing something super-quick. I can't wait for her book on the couture skirt to come out next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars GillA, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Couture Sewing: Tailoring Techniques (Paperback)
The authors patterns are what lead me to buying this book. Very good includes a DVD. Only really for serious dressmakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book... Great investment., 28 May 2014
This review is from: Couture Sewing: Tailoring Techniques (Paperback)
I would highly recommend this book for its value for money but more so the very clear and explained techniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very absorbing, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Couture Sewing: Tailoring Techniques (Paperback)
I just loved this book, I loved trying different techniques discussed. I found it so helpful and enthusiastic on crafting a garment.

Couture Sewing: Tailoring Techniques
Couture Sewing: Tailoring Techniques by Claire B. Shaeffer (Paperback - 4 Mar 2013)
15.19