5.0 out of 5 stars Presents galore
Published on 8 Feb 2012 by Knitty Nora

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, not for the adventurous
Jean Moss has been a lovely knitwear designer and with that in mind, I didn't hesitate to buy her Sweet Shawlettes book. I can describe the designs as "nice" but they are boring. Not Jean's usual standard and certainly not a book I would recommend.
Published 10 months ago by Ellie Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Presents galore, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: Sweet Shawlettes (Paperback)
This is a beautiful book full of lovely treats. The patterns cover small projects for all tastes and abilities. The best analogy I can make is that it is like all those lovely Cook books that you read when on a diet. During a recent illness I couldn't knit but I could buy patterns and how I wish I had had this book to enchant and encourage me back to my needles. Jean never diappoints with her sweet or quirky or stylish patterns and this collection rivals her very best and will be used by me for years to come for presents , ideas and inspiraton.The patterns can be used for many different yarns and after checking tension will be great Stash busters. My favourites are;Twine Cowl,Vamp Boa,and Treasure Jabot. If you want to know what they are you will have to buy the book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars REVIEW - Sweet Shawlettes, 24 Oct 2013
Rachel (Nepean, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Shawlettes (Paperback)
5 out of 5 for this reader folks!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this pattern book. Sweet Shawlettes by Jean Moss is a great pattern book of 25 projects (some smaller than others) ranging from cowls, caplets, shawlettes and scarves. Very fashionable now a days I can see pairing many of these patterns with fancy dresses to plain ole jeans and cotton shirts. The book is sectioned off in four parts, Country, Couture, Folk and Vintage. Patterns are clearly written with charts displayed for easy interpretation.

I have to say my absolute fave pattern was the Evergreen scarf (love the fringe leaves) which I am going to whip up as a Xmas gift this year. a close second being the twisted cowl (making that one with bulky wool for myself).

A fantastic addition to my knitting library!

HAPPY CRAFTING! :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, not for the adventurous, 11 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Tartan shawl......yummy, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Sweet Shawlettes (Paperback)
Despite the hideous ( just my opinion !) bulky thing on the cover I still got the book and am very glad I did.Its a bit left field a mixture of the really ugly and slightly nutty but inspirational.This pattern book is confined to cowls and a few shawls using a variety of wool weights some with a few embellishments ,these are my least favourite .I wont be knitting ,or wearing a shawl knitted in squares decorated with buttons ! but I still enjoy the fact that its included, they certainly aren't boring or pedestrian and as with all things sartorial and style related I suppose it depends on the wearer.The book starts with an introduction by the author, I always find it interesting to read where inspiration comes from for their designs,at the end there is the usual stitch directory and instruction section.With around 25 patterns ranging from small collar like scarves, cowls, larger cape style shawls through to traditionally shaped shawls there is lots to choose from. Some patterns feature fairisle designs,( the tartan shawl is my fave)cable work , textured stitches and a few, more detailed and complex lace stitches.This book would not be suitable for the beginner, some experience is required to knit these patterns, being able to knit in the round, do colourwork and follow charts for lace patterns is a necessity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring little book, 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: Sweet Shawlettes (Paperback)
this is an inspiring little book - I am looking forward to starting one of the projects - I also look forward to sharing this with my fewllow craft workers - regards

5.0 out of 5 stars Jean Moss is a brilliant knitting designer, 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sweet Shawlettes (Paperback)
Lovely book. Informative and instructions easy to follow. Nice colourful pictures so you can see the result clearly. Which one to start first? That's the only problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Shawlettes, 8 Mar 2013
Shirley Isaacs (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Shawlettes (Paperback)
I haven't as yet made any of these shawls, but there are some lovely patterns, and will definitely be making some.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sweet Shawlettes (Paperback)
I bought this because a friend had it already. There are some nice designs in it. Some I will make, but some I won't. So I only give it 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Sweet Shawlettes (Paperback)
I chose this because the book uploads and everything around it is safe and fast and good handling. I would sincerely recommend this to my friends.

Sweet Shawlettes
Sweet Shawlettes by Jean Moss (Paperback - 12 Jan 2012)