4.0 out of 5 stars Roof Construction
Published 20 months ago by M Carroll

3.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money
Not read this book yet but first impression is it will be completely useless to me as its made for the American market as the example dimension are all imperial ( feet and inches for the layman) so I doubt if the formulas will convert for metric... So disappointing as it looks great and has some very nice photos experts, experting in imperial alas
Published 5 months ago by Jamieuk

4.0 out of 5 stars Roof Construction, 3 Nov 2012
M Carroll - See all my reviews
This review is from: Framing Roofs, Revised and Updated (For Pros, by Pros) (Paperback)
I am a professional Carpenter in the UK and often take a lead role when a roof is to be constructed on site. I have several books from which I have learnt my trade over the years and most of them show you how to construct a roof but none go into such varied depth with detailed photographs as this book. You will need to read this book through to understand how to obtain the cuts and build a complex roof from scratch but it's all there. I don't think you will need another book which is principally about roofing if you buy this book but I would advise investing in a good site carpentry book to help with understanding of the subject. Some of the easy construction details I have learnt over the years are not in this book, but then this book has a few of it's own (you never stop learning). It's a fairly good book and suited to an apprentice, professional or competent DIY person but probably a bit too much for a novice having said that if you are willing to put a bit of reading and a lot of practice this book should help to unravel the mystery of those daunting angles and cuts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 21 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Framing Roofs, 9 Mar 2014
My son found this extremely helpful at work when assisting to put a new roof on when asked to do so

1.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 26 April 2014
I ordered this as part of my efforts to sharpen my knowledge of the use of the steel square in roof carpentry. It was a collection of articles about roofing in general, non-specific and non-instructive terms. A waste of money I'm afraid.

Framing Roofs, Revised and Updated (For Pros, by Pros)
Framing Roofs, Revised and Updated (For Pros, by Pros) by Fine Homebuilding (Paperback - 7 Feb 2011)
11.99