5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK FOR SLR & VIDEO BEGINNERS
I'm just over halfway through this book and I can't believe how informative it is, both for video cameras and DSLR or even compacts with video capability.

It gives good information on modern video formats including 1080/50p. It describes well, the different approaches from normal photography, including white balance and sound techniques.

I would...
Published on 21 Dec. 2011 by Snaps

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed opinion of this book.
Published 7 months ago by Mr. P

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK FOR SLR & VIDEO BEGINNERS, 21 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Digital Photographer's Complete Guide to HD Video (Paperback)

I would definately recommend it to anyone trying video for the first time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed opinion of this book., 6 Dec. 2014
Having bought a newer DSLR with video capability, I purchased this book to improve upon the rather scanty information given in the user manual. Yes, it is a good all-round introductory book that covers quite a lot but for some reason I found I was wanting more. Can't put my thumb on it as to why exactly this is so! I think maybe if it had been orientated towards specific camera brands (ie canon, nikon etc) it may have been better.

Digital Photographer's Complete Guide to HD Video
Digital Photographer's Complete Guide to HD Video by Michael Guncheon (Paperback - 7 July 2011)