4.0 out of 5 stars Creating little felt universes., 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Big Little Felt Universe (Paperback)
These are gorgeous, and the directions are great... but I was expecting something a bit broader in scope, with options.

Lots of beautiful felt food -- but my 8 year old is way past playing with felt food. Lots of really adorable felt projects -- the lantern, the BBQ, the smores -- but cute as they are, they are pretty much directed at a very young crowd.

It all looks so beautiful, and yet who to make it for? Even the little computer -- well, there are loads of kids out there playing on real computers at 3 & 4, so why spend hours & hours sewing a beautiful felt one for them?

I loved looking at all of the projects, but found it difficult to imagine who I would make the majority of the projects for, who would appreciate & use what would be, after the time invested, treasures?

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy instructions for beauiful simple projects!, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Big Little Felt Universe (Paperback)
I have never learnt to sew, but since becoming a mum I have wanted to make kepsakes for my children. I bought this book because the cover was beautiful and the good reviews were the final push. In the one week that I have had it I have made a bunch of carrots which look great! The first couple are not great looking because the stiching is not looking great- they were my first attempt- but the more practice I got with the stitches and with using felt the better they have become! This is an easy book to use, no frills, no special skills needed. Highly recommend it. I am using 100 acytlic felt because it was cheaper, but if I continue to make these projects I will invest in the acrylic-wool blend that the author recommends.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't wait to start, 12 Mar 2013
Thiebaud - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Little Felt Universe (Paperback)
I am not disappointed to have purchase this book. Lots and lots of projects for children but also for adults. All ideas are cute and modern. Definitely deserve a 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for missus., 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Big Little Felt Universe (Paperback)
Bought this for my wife. She says it's brilliant. Easy to follow instructions/patterns etc. Keeps her entertained, what more can I say?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 15 Dec 2012
This review is from: Big Little Felt Universe (Paperback)
Gives clear instructions and patterns. Great for something different and provides ideas for childrens gifts. We have used it at school to make fruit and veg for primary projects.

4.0 out of 5 stars i liked it although it focused more on fruit than anything else, 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: Big Little Felt Universe (Paperback)
this book is a lot of fun for my grandchildren and myself will be buying another felt book but with perhaps little animals in it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 14 Aug 2012
This review is from: Big Little Felt Universe (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 11 yr old daughter and we both absolutely lover it. It is a good book for adults and children and the projects in the book are really easy to make and understand. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Sep 2014
This review is from: Big Little Felt Universe (Paperback)
Brilliant book so full of ideas

4.0 out of 5 stars But why???, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: Big Little Felt Universe (Paperback)
I love felting, I really do. This book is beautiful, the projects are beautiful, but, but....why? Why would anyone make a felt electric screwdriver for example, or a felt camping lantern? I guess if I had small children I might, but otherwise, why?
Having said that I feel I WANT to make these things, it's inexplicable. Maybe I need therapy, or better still grandchildren who are too young for sharp objects!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ideas, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Big Little Felt Universe (Paperback)
I really love this book. I got it about 4 weeks ago and so far have made the cactus plant and am halfway through the lucky bamboo. The instructions are easy to follow and although they have many steps and take a long time to make the finished results look great. There are some quirky and exciting ideas, about 70 of them. It would take ages to make them all but I'd like to try someday... ideally during a long pregnancy like the author! I'd say it's good value for money, clear and easy to use. I know I'm going to enjoy it a lot.

Big Little Felt Universe
Big Little Felt Universe by Jeanette Lim (Paperback - 7 Mar 2011)