on 12 January 2011
I found this book very helpful in teaching me what Oils or Acylics to use and how to get skin tones right and which canvases to use, And where to start and finish, I am looking forward to drawing and Painting my own Portrait.
on 1 April 2013
I have brought a few books on portriat painting alot more expensive than this one and to be honest I think this is the best, Its not a bulk of content and full of flowery words, instead it gets straight to the point of good advice from Timothy Chambers who is an extremely good artist. I am disappointed in some books I have spent more money on and this one did not cost much and is far better. I think walter Foster books are good and have come on here to buy another one.
on 17 April 2012
Great book, very informative and easy to follow. I really enjoy using the book and can see a marked improvement in my work.
on 22 May 2014
Thought it was a book, but its got less pages than a magazine. I think its A3 size? Nice pictures though.
on 27 June 2015
A great book at a great price and the seller offered to refund my payment if the book was not of the required standard. I could not have asked for
a more generous offer. I can't wait to put into practice what I have read so fat considering it only arrived this morning..
on 1 November 2015
Book very high quality.
Just what I wanted with regard to lessons and tips.
Beautiful layout, pictorial and educational
Arrived very promptly.
on 23 April 2014
Good hints and instructions, very useful book, smaller than expected but well worth the money. I am quite pleased with it.
on 10 October 2015
Everything I read I had already done so in other better books.it says learn to paint portraits step by step . Not at all
on 18 January 2015
A very helpful but baisic book. Handy in the libary but more for the beginner. Showing some great basic technices.
on 11 January 2016
Great help and inspiration for the novice painter.