5.0 out of 5 stars Twisty and dark
The story begins.... hmmm, see that's the thing with this comic - I'm three words into this review and I've already lied to you. I'll try again.
So bad things happen to the Locke family and the survivors move out to a creepy house on an island. Some of the issues focus on one of the kids in particular. They're all traumatised or changed in some way. I think I liked...
Published on 23 April 2011 by Michael Finn

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on the Overlook
I read this puppy when it first came out a few years ago and really wanted to like it, and didn’t. So, now the series is done, I thought I’d go back and give it another shot - maybe I was in the wrong frame of mind, or maybe I was just plain wrong, and this time I’d love it? Nope - still terrible, unfortunately.

Three kids - an older boy, his...
Published on 17 Nov 2009 by Sam Quixote

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius?, 18 May 2013
This is a fantastic first volume of a brilliant story. Buy it while it's ridiculously cheap, buy 'em all. Now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable (review contains a non content related gripe), 15 Oct 2013
Mr. R. Taylor - See all my reviews
This review is from: Locke And Key: Welcome to Lovecraft (Paperback)
4 stars for the first collected trade:

I enjoyed the story and the artwork, and I will definitely pick up the further collected editions. It's a dark, supernatural story and is crying out for a TV/Movie version (there's trailer online that certainly indicates the potential).

HOWEVER - 0 stars for the price in comparison to content:

At time of purchasing I paid over £10. The problem I have with this is that although the 1st edition looks to be a decent size, the content is actually very brief. Many of the pages run to one panel only, which means I burned through this in about 10 minutes or less. I'd guesstimate length/content to be around half that of a Walking Dead Trade edition.

The quality is good and I'd definitely recommend this, but only at around half the price to ensure any kind of value for money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Miss, 26 Dec 2012
Hit and miss. Not enough horror. Pointless characters. Artwork was ok. Readable but disappoints at the end. Not good enough.

Locke And Key: Welcome to Lovecraft
Locke And Key: Welcome to Lovecraft by Gabriel Rodriguez (Paperback - 18 Aug 2009)