Shop now Shop Now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: PaperbackChange

VINE VOICEon 31 May 2009
This series revolves around Ewon, a university student, who is a bit of a player. The story starts with Ewon finding himself working for a credit office that's run by the mafia because of his ex, who is now dating Mookyul, the gang boss there. Totally Captivated is basically about the relationship that slowly develops between Ewon and Mookyul.

First of all, let me just say that this is a very funny and entertaining series. Despite a plot that involves the mafia and some generally darker storylines that come up, overall the tone is always pretty lighthearted, which makes this a very entertaining read.

The characters are really well developed- both Mookyul and Ewon as well as supporting characters. The strong and feisty Ewon is completely lovable and there is something very moving about watching him develop genuine feelings for someone for the first time. Overall, the story is very engaging and remains interesting throughout the series. The artwork is also gorgeous and both Ewon and Mookyul are beautiful.

More than anything, this series just really works. If you're looking for an entertaining, engaging read, pick this up. I really couldn't recommend this series more, I completely love it!
on 5 March 2008
Now, I felt I HAD to write a review for this, because this is a little gem!!!
So yes, it's a shounen-ai book (which means no more than kissing)(well, there is the beginning of a bed light yaoi?) and the guys are just drooling hot.
The characters have exactly the personnalities I'm looking for (I know, they're stereotype, and I don't care) : the seme is finger licking sexy, powerful, strong, ultra confident and hardly smiles, but he isn't cruel like you'd expect him to be. The uke is fiercely hot headed, funny, angsty, and really cute. What's more to ask? A good and interesting storyline? Well, guess what? It's got it!! The plot is ever so fun, well thought-of and oh so sexy, I just couldn't put the book down. I'm so looking forward to the next installments...
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Hajin Hoo serves up a comedic tale about beautiful guys, dangerous "businessmen", and quirky love affairs set in Seoul. Ewon should be a guy we dislike as by his nature he is a free-wheeling guy who doesn't love deeply and seems to be short on commitment. This simply doesn't happen though, as we see things from his point of view, and he is not only regretful, but all too aware of his shortcomings, and wrestles with his conscience. It's almost like watching Jiminy Cricket rebuke Pinnochio, only for selfish desires to get in the way. The other characters provide a near perfect foil: gangsters who are trying hard to run as legitimate a business as they can manage (with spectacular results if the client doesn't behave just as appropriately and pay up, as all pretense is then quite simply dropped) and who try to attempt to act like worthwhile human beings in their day to day interactions, and the gang's boss, who is one cold albeit sexy dude. Mookyul steps on anyone he feels he has to, as we find out, and it is not limited to employees and clients.

Indeed, it is not all fun and games as Ewon falls deeper into the affairs of the boss, all thanks to Jiho's machinations which have unintended consqueneces. Just what is up with Mookyul is something we'll have to wait and find out though, in succeeding volumes. It's well worth a read though, enough so that after reading the entire series over at the Netcomics website in one sitting, that I bought the paperback edition of volume 1 and will be purchasing the rest of the series. If the whole reading backwards thing has put you off from dipping your toes into Asian comics, it should be noted that Korean manwha is read the same direction as Western fare though the artistic style of this title reminds me more of Japanese manga rather than the usual manwha aesthetics. In the meantime, I'd like to thank Netcomics for providing me with the e-review copies that got me started.
on 5 August 2008
I highly recommend this title - its a gem for anyone's book case. The artwork, as you can usually expect from korean artists is gorgeous and the plot line is both intricate, funny and sweet. There are elements of shounen-ai and, as the series progresses, light yaoi. If just mouth-watering art is not good enough there is ample development and deeper insight into the main characters.
on 24 February 2011
The basic plot didn't sound all that exciting but when i started reading it i did find the series funny and i adored the main protagonist who sometimes didn't help the situations he found himself in and i did feel he was lacking common sense a little but i must admit it kept me reading till the end.
The story isn't nearly as cliche as most and i was highly thankful that the characters didn't play the whole denial role which is so commonly overused.

I recommend it to anyone thats considering it.
on 29 April 2015
One of the best manga/manhwa I have read!! Love the characters and story all together. I hope the author does other more of this. I havent read "Rage of Angels" by the same author, but I definitly will
on 24 May 2015