4.0 out of 5 stars A good end to the quartet
The fourth and final book in the Chase Brothers. Matt and Tate are great characters. I recommend this book but out of the four books, book two Shane and Cassie's story is my favourite.
Published on 9 Jun 2010 by Reviewer

1.0 out of 5 stars A real let down
Published on 2 July 2012 by kushti

4.0 out of 5 stars A good end to the quartet, 9 Jun 2010
Reviewer - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Making Chase (Chase Brothers) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite of the series, 24 May 2010
This review is from: Making Chase (Chase Brothers) (Paperback)
This is the fourth and last instalment in Lauren Dane's Chase brothers series.
In the book we have the last Chase brother, Matt's story with Tate. Tate is the owner
of the hairdressers in Petal; she's had a hard life as a result of growing up with her drunk, abusing
father and her unfaithful mother. Matt is the son of one of the most influential families
in town and as a result of their differences in upbringing they will be given a hard time
trying to make their relationship work.

What I love about this book is the way love blossoms between Matt and Tate and the fact that there
is non-stop humour throughout the book which is much needed as we find out more
about Tate's childhood. Matt is the ultimate sweetheart and doesn't give Tate
an inch throughout the "woo", as he is absolutely certain she is THE ONE and won't rest
till she realizes it too. I was really surprised with Matt, we don't really hear much about
him in previous books other than the fact that he was with Liv for a while (Marc's wife, book 3)
and so getting to know him was nice. This is definitely my favourite and Matt
is a big part of that. Tate is an excellent female lead, she's spunky, fun and learns to
deal with the fact that she can't always be the strong one in the family, which is the role
she has had all of her life. She learns that Matt needs her to lean on him from time to time
too.

I strongly recommend this series, I tried one of Lauren Dane's cascadia wolves books but
I wasn't convinced. However, these books are a no brainer in my opinion. So, if you're
interested in a sweet, seductively intense ride through the streets of small town Petal
you will no doubt enjoy these books.

Good Reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chase Brothers Books - Love Them!, 17 Aug 2011
Mrs. S. Welsh "JoesMum" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
Got the first Chase Brothers book for free for my Kindle and loved it so much that I bought the other 3 books. Each book features strong men and even stronger women (especially Mama Chase). At the root of each story is a romance which, on paper, shouldn't work but after a few steamy sex scenes we learn that the brothers and their new partners are made for each other.

Wish there were a few more brothers to read about!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the lot!, 31 July 2011
Many of the reviews for this series have the story of Cassie and Shane in the second book as their favorite but for me this was by far the best of the bunch. The hardships of Tate's childhood and infact most of her life up until this point just make your heart bleed and so the fact that she might now be getting the very best from life is just wonderful. It is so lovely watching the relationship between her and Matt develop and it is nice to finally get more of an insight into the final brother who has really only played a minor part before now.

As with her other books in this series the author treads the line between the grit of the hard life and the mush of the romance very well without coming down too heavily on either side, leaving us with a very real feeling story. By this point I am really rather sad that Penny and Edward only had 4 boys and that I will no longer get to be a part of the Chase family and their life in Petal. I have enjoyed this series immensely.

5.0 out of 5 stars LAST BUT NOT LEAST, 12 July 2011
L. Sims "Linda" (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Matt is the last Chase brother who is single, he is also considered to be the best looking. Tate owns the hair salon opposite the fire station where Matt is a fireman, Tate has watched Matt arrive for work many times, she refers to this as her daily donut. Tate has many issues about herself including her body size as she is plump and short, she also comes from the wrong side of town and did not have a great upbringing, but she has worked hard to get her life on the up owning her own business and home. She knows that she will only be able to admire Matt Chase from a distance as he comes from one of the leading families in Petal, and she is sure he would never notice a girl like her, he only ever takes out tall beautiful girls with great figures.then one day Tate gets run over by a car, and Matt runs across the road from the fire station to help Tate.she sends him a box of cookies as a thank you. Matt goes to thank Tate for the cookies and is immediately drawn to this woman. It was wonderful reading Tate and Matt 's story this book has to be my favourite. Definitely one for all the romantics. Plus it is very HOT. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.Ms Dane has a new series starting soon about the town of petal for those like me who will reading this it is Once and Again: Petal, Georgia, Book 1 .

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed them all, 25 Jun 2011
the whole collection is brillant.
this was my fav out the 4 books and i cant wait for the link on serise to come out as it has got people from these books in them.
youv got to read this serise

1.0 out of 5 stars A real let down, 2 July 2012
The story concept is great but the exacution is worse than poor. I don't usually bother with reviews but I was really burnt with the ones on here so I thought I should warn future buyers. Usually you have to suspend your belief with these types of books but they are good guilty fun!!! Even though this had a realistic plot going for it, it was awful. The best way to describe it, is patchy. Major plotlines are just thrown in and given no real depth. Tate consists of differant key characteristics of victim types which makes her a bit of annoying character. She's Mary Sue but she's not.

No layers is great for exaggerated storylines and bigger than life characters, but usually with the good writers you find them anyway. Even though there was plenty of room for layers in this book it was just superficial lines and blatant drama for drama sakes. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but this writer has no idea how to cope with the intricate subjects she tried to handle in this book. And with such sensitive matters you have to be particularly careful you don't make the subject matter into a farce, which she has.

Making Chase (Chase Brothers)
Making Chase (Chase Brothers) by Laureen Dane (Paperback - 24 Jun 2008)
6.50