on 14 February 2005
like my title of the review i do not know where to start with how good and how compelling the last book of Marianne Curley's fantastic trilogy of beautifully told charcters that i love was. It is an expert of a book so good i couldn't put it down even though i didn't want to finish it straight away. it gets you straight in to the plot and this time picks up on the viewpoints of Matt and Rochelle. This last book is superb and a jewel. Although some of the more final scenes made me cry i have to say that this was the best book i have ever read not only because it has all the elements of a good book for me but because it didn't leave me feeling confused or anything but made its point. A brilliant fantasy story filled with laughter, love, loyalty, fantasy, drama, action Marianne Curley pulls of one gem of a book. At the end i had to sit there and read the last chapter again and was so disappointed that this time unlike the other two there was no follow-up. I had to sit and wonder what had happened to the characters lives and i wish Marianne Curley could write another. Ethan, Isobel, Arkarian, Matt, Rochelle, Neriah... all wonderful characters that i would love to read about again. I cannot express how much i enjoyed this fabulous and explosive last book to a superb trilogy. I can only say: "More, More"!!!!
on 11 December 2005
There are no words to describe how brilliant this book is. Gripping to the very end, I didn't want it to finish. I was in floods of tears all through the last chapter...all I can say is read the prophecy carefully and you'll understand!
About 1/10th less good than The Dark (but still one of the most perfect things I've ever read), but then again nothing can beat poor, tortured Arkarian and Isabel-ness! Ends just as suddenly as the other three and leaves you desperate for more!
Neriah is a beautiful character. I loved Rochelle. Keep your eyes open for who the REAL traitor is...there are tiny little clues all over the place!
From the interesting PoVs of Matt and Rochelle (ooh, awkwardness), this book takes you right from a conference between the 'Gods' to the final battle. Funny, heart-wrenching, action-packed, thrilling and beautiful. Do not pass this book by!
on 6 February 2005
This is the last book of the FANTASTIC Guardians Of Time triology and I certainly wasn't disappointed. The trilogy follows the lives of the Named who are responsible for protecting the earth and the past from the Order of Chaos. The book is from the viewpoint of twom of the characters Matt and Rochelle and because of this you are puller completely into their world and understand how different characters view the different situations.
The final book completes the story beautifully while leaving you with a need to discover more about the characters. A fact in itself which clearly indiocates how wonderful it was. I can not recommend this fantastic book highly enough. With it's intense mix of love, action, suspense and history it has you hanging on to each world until the final sentence. This book would appeal to anyone who enjoys a good read and wonderful characters. The only problem now is that the series is finished and I cant discover any more about the amazing characters created.
If you only read one book this tear make it The Key
on 2 February 2006
If you have read the other books, you will need no encouragement to read this one and will understand why it is called the key.
So the prophecy is played out and the final battle takes place...
The problem with trilogies like this is that once you read the last page of book 3 - that's it there is no more. But I want to know what happens next and to the named et al! I have fallen in love with Arkarian and Matt and the others.
While waiting for this book to come out I read 'Old Magic' which is also excellent so you might read that while we wait to see what Marianne Curley brings out next.
on 18 February 2005
I couldn't put this book down from the moment i started it until i finished it and read the last chapter twice. It's just amazing. In this third installment of the trilogy we see the development of all the characters especially Matt and Rochelle. As well as providing a really interesting storyline the book takes readers on an emotional rollercoaster with a climax write at the end. With twists and surprises after every turn of the page it really is one of the best books i have ever read ad i would highly recommend it to anyone.
on 2 February 2005
I think that The Guardians of Time trilogy was absolutely amazing, and this final third instalment was brilliant! The story is told this time from the perspective of Matt and Rochelle, and was well-crafted and gripping from start to finish! The only bad thing about this book was that it ended!
I loved it and I hope that we will not have to wait too long for the next book by Marianne Curley!
on 23 September 2006
This book really was exceptional, and a brilliant end to the trilogy. It keeps you hooked until the very end. I was in floods of tears, as I knew it was the last in the series, and I wouldnt learn any more about the characters, or magnificent storyline.
on 6 August 2005
As a 16 year old book fanatic I always enjoy a good trilogy-and how fantastic was this?!
I picked the named up on a whim before a holiday and as soon as i got back I waited on tenter hooks for the dark and then the key to be delivered to my door and the key was not a disapointment!
Marianne Curley connected all the loose ends magnificiently- the Matt,Neriah,Dillion love triangle, Rochelle's true path and of course the completion of the prophecy-Never have i read a book or triolgy that i have re-read so often(Im on my 5th time.)
I recommend this book and the two previous in the trilogy to anyone of any age-my mother seems to enjoy it!
on 17 March 2007
I can honestly say this trilogy is the best I've ever read - and I've read a lot of books!!!

I couldn't put it down, but at the same time I didn't want it to end! I cried at the last chapter - the first book I've ever cried at!!(the story just seemed so real!!)- and was really disappointed when I closed it knowing there was no more to read in the set!!

It's really rare to find a book this good, and to find a trilogy of them is absolutely amazing!! No-one should miss out on these books!!
on 5 February 2005
When i read this book I had the feeling that i wanted to get to the end as soon as possible, but then again I didn't want to finsh it too quick.
The Key is the fianl part of The Guardians of Time Trilogy. It concludes the story of Matt, Isabel, Ethan and Arkarian who are all part of the Named, nine elite people phrophesised to lead the Guard into battle against the Order. There greatest enemy.
Marianne Curley does an excellent job of following up all the twists and cliffhangers from the first two book as well as adding some new ones.
With news of a traitor everyone is a little on edge and obvious suspision lies on Rochelle, who has recently switched from a member of the order to the guard. What can she do to prove the traitor isn't her?
The Key has also gone missing and only with that can the Named defeat Lathenia in the final battle. It is up to the group to find it.
In this book the characters return to some familar places like, the underworld and travel to new ones as well like Atlantis.
A few added side stories keep the book interesting, like Arkarian's and Isabel's relationship, also the love triangle developing between Matt, Dillon and Neriah- Mardukes daughter.
Without giving too much away i can say this book is a perfect conclusion, the story has came a long way since The Named and more enjoyable. If you liked the first you'll love this one. It is amazing and has a beautiful ending. that will leave you wanting to read it again.