5.0 out of 5 stars life changing message- an absolute must read
Published on 26 Feb. 2010 by J. houghton-brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Challenging but a bit confusing
Was a bit skeptical before reading this but you can't help but respect the fact that Heidi Baker has a clear love for God and for the poor. Her work in Mozambique is amazing. She never turns a child away. However, I struggled a bit to understand whether she was saying our lives could be so transformed here on earth that we will no longer have tears or pain. Every chapter...
Published on 24 Nov. 2012 by davina

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars life changing message- an absolute must read, 26 Feb. 2010
J. houghton-brown (london uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Compelled By Love : How We Change the World Through the Simple Power of Love in Action (Paperback)
This book it simple, easy and quick to read and yet contains the amazing account of what God is doing in Mozambique - miracles just like in the days of Jesus proving God is alive and active on planet earth.The book also has a powerful message for the Church in the West. If you have to read just one book then let it be this one and read it over and over again until you too get hold of intimacy with Jesus and his passion for broken people everywhere. This book has changed my life. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading this was like taking a walk with Jesus, 11 Dec. 2010
Mr. James Goodman (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Heidi Baker's book has had a massive impact on my wife and I and has really made us question our complacency and commitment as followers of Christ. Taking the Beatitudes as a central theme, this book shows that living out the values of the Sermon on the Mount can be a powerful and liberating reality. Drawing heavily also on Mother Teresa's writings and example, it models for us the true power of 'a life laid down' for Jesus. As the Bakers minister in Mozambique amongst some of the poorest people on the planet, the power and love and compassion of Jesus is made manifest. Some of the miracles that Heidi describes taking place are so far removed from our own experience that it forces us to re-evaluate our own expectations of God. This book shows the reader that the power of Love, the power of the risen Christ, continues to triumph over the deep darkness of poverty, sickness, corruption and satanic ritual. It has rocked me and quickened in me a deep desire to simply love and not to count the cost. I felt that Jesus walked with me as I read this wonderful book, opening wide my eyes - I believe you will meet him too within its pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars compelled by love, by heidi baker, 8 July 2009
heidi's book, is one of the most beautiful and powerful books I've ever read. The love of God poured out in a yielded heart, and how this can help to change the lives of a nations unwanted children. A must read, life changing true account. Heidi works full time for Jesus, seeing miracles and God's power restore lives. This book changed my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing read, 5 Nov. 2010
This book is about how God sent Heidi Baker and her husband to Mozambique to 'sit with and learn from the poor'. It is not just their story that stirs as you read it but also the immense power of the love of Jesus that just flows from the pages as you read it bringing revelation on God's heart of love for everyone. It leaves you with a desire to see beyond self and ready to reach out in faith knowing the absolute POWER that God's love brings because you can feel it God's love as you read. It has taught me to love and to persist in love.I have bought copies for so many people, including one lady who through reading it made the decision to give her life to Jesus. Read it and you will not be the same again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life of love, 7 Oct. 2010
An amazing book, really uplifting. Heidi Baker had her life changed around on hearing God tell her to live among and learn from the poor. The book is based on the Beatitudes from the Bible but is really simply written and full of incredible examples see has been witness to in Mozambique over the last decade or so. The way in which Heidi appears to so personally know Jesus doesn't have a falseness about it and is so much simpler and deeper than most Christians. Some of the situations her and her family have lived through have been really difficult and yet always there is a humility in her writing.

"The only currency that will heal every culture is ceaseless love. To be a minister, we must walk like Jesus, talk like Jesus, and be like Jesus for a broken and dying world."

This is how faith in Christ should be. I highly recommend reading this fairly short book, which also has lots of reflections on the thoughts of Mother Theresa.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelled by love, 16 Aug. 2010
colin (coleraine United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Another fantasic book by Heidi showing how Jesus has filled her with a love for her mission to reach out to the children of Mozambique. Only read it if you are prepared to be touched by the love of Jesus. We serve an awesome God with Heidi a truly amazing lady- 5 star book. This book demonstrates what the word Love really means- how Jesus wants each reader to demonstrate it.
Keep your tissues handy and be ready to be touched by Jesus

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing read., 10 Jun. 2009
Heidi Baker is one of the most incredible women i've ever come across. She loves others more than her own life, which is rare in our society today and inspires all who read her books and watch her to love just like Jesus. Surley there is nothing better than to be compelled by love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Christianity., 11 Aug. 2012
Paul (Basingstoke) - See all my reviews
I read this book through 4 times in sucession I was so gripped by its message. Christianity has never been so powerfully and genuinely portrayed as by Heidi and her team as described in this book. The combination of intimate love for God, love for the poor and the dynamic power of the Holy Spirit. Heidi Baker is motivated by her deep love for Jesus. She reaches out and hugs the poorest with the love that God has for the world. In this book is described incredible events as the Holy Spirit is active in response to simple faith, when other props are not there to distract.
The books takes you through the Beatitudes in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5) and shows how revolutionary the teaching of Jesus is - so opposite to the way we think naturally, especially when surrounded by so many material things.
Heidi Baker quotes a lot from the writings of Mother Theresa, especially as they have so much in common in their approach to the poor.
We in the affluent West have so much to unlearn to follow Christ's example and teaching, "the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me to preach Good News to the poor".
This book will change you and challenge you to love God more and love people around, especially the poor, the disadvanged, the orphan, the destitute, etc.
God's love, in action through you, can change the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read book, 28 Feb. 2013
It is a great book which make you cry out more for God's work. A very good book to share and every night, I read together with my 6.5 years old daughter. She enjoyed seeing God's work on children and with the poor. It is something real and happen now than just bible story. She reflects how we can do more for the others. I think it is good as our generation in the west or east are living in a very materialistic world or with those value in our daily life. It is a good discussion point for my daughter and I after reading and before the prayer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Christian should read, 12 Oct. 2011
If you want to know how to 'live' the Beatitudes, read this book. I have walked with the Lord for many years, but this book has changed my life, literally. When I had read it the Holy Spirit said, 'Read it again!' A must read for every follower of Christ!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›