on 12 June 2014
I was aware of Clymer manuals although I had not seen them on sale in the UK before. I had always used Haynes and found the latter perfectly adequate for the amateur. The price was good and I am not disappointed in the manual at all. Soft binding seems to imply a lack of robustness but I have no evidence that it will lack durability. The contents are good but my only criticism is that it tries to cover too many models - hence the number of pages and you have to be clear that you are reading the part that relates to your machine. This is not a serious problem but not one that is so evident in the Haynes manual (where the binding can also be suspect!).
Plenty of good illustrations and photographs - a great colourful wiring diagram section all contribute to make it a useful addition to the workshop documentation for the enthusiast, although from YouTube I understand in the States these manuals are also used by professional non-franchised dealers.
on 11 July 2013
Everything to need to know about maintaining your BMW. Covers probably more that you will need even if you are a whizz with the tools.
on 19 April 2016
I should have bought this book in the first place, it covers all the models and is much more comprehensive !
on 23 August 2015
Comprehensive. Well written. Good detail. Informative pictures. A lot better than Haynes.
on 22 October 2014
This manual beats Haynes all ends up. Well worth the money.
Falls short of 5 stars as there is inevitably a lot of: ...see section.., most of which is ok, but one 'see section' sent me straight back to where I had started from, without providing the information!
I would also have liked information about the acceptable values / ranges (usually resistance or voltage) from the various sensors that provide the information for the engine management computer.
However the price was competitive for a 700+ page manual which was of pretty good quality.
(Perhaps my judgement is a bit harsh as I once owned an old Porsche 944 and paid just over 10% of the car purchase price for the official workshop manual - 6 ring bound volumes in a large box, cost £250 - and was worth every penny).