on 16 January 2016
After hitting the looming,great wall of self doubt halfway through writing the first draft of my own attempt at a novel,I came across Chuck Wendig and his unique style of writing advice on Twitter and followed him.Some of the advice I've taken from the authors on there has been invaluable,but a lot of it is was too formal,felt preachy or was just generic(visit my Facebook page,read my blog,check out these other sites..blah blah blah)It all started to blur and I felt more lost than when I started.It just didn't seem to apply to me.Then a post by Chuck Wendig took me to his website and it was like a breath of fresh air.Advice that was helpful,encouraging but more importantly it was down to earth and grounded in common sense.And really funny.Don't get me wrong,I took it all very seriously,but the self-deprecating,geeky(and rather crude sometimes - prudes beware!)humour works so well.I felt inspired and cheered up at the same time.Plus the way the book is structured,in short,to the point paragraphs made it easy to read and take in.It doesn't give you a magic recipe or anything that will change your life,but it did give me a load of great tips,confirm where I was going right and going wrong and most importantly gave me my confidence back in such a sly but cheeky way I didn't even realise until I'd started writing again.If you're a budding author and feel you need a fresh perspective on what it takes to write the best book you can,then Chuck's your man.
on 2 October 2014
The Kindle universe is awash in "how to write" books at present. This one is actually worth the money -- in fact, I'd say it's amazingly good value.

It helped me finish the first draft of my novel. Now I'm in the first re-write and plan on going back to take a second look at his revision tips.

Sensitive souls should perhaps be warned that Chuck Wendig takes delight in coming up with new and creative obscenities, but it's all in good fun.

Highly recommended.
on 14 May 2014
Irreverent, slightly dirty in places, and packed with advice and suggestions that you know is common sense. There are lots of 'doh!' moments in this book - as in, 'I should have thought of that!' Neatly sliced and diced into 25-bit morsels, you can read this front to back or dip into it for specific issues you might be having. Have to admit, I got the highlighter pen and the day-glo stickers out for this book, which means there's stuff in here I'll be coming back to again and again.

A great reference for the budding writer but also a great book for dipping into for bite-sized inspiration chunks.
on 10 June 2014
I've been following Chuck Wendig on Twitter for a while now, and he always dishes out great writing advice. This book is a collection of his '25 Ways to..." articles from his website, and they're filled with insights on all aspects of writing, from the craft, building an audience, traditional and self-publishing tips and more. If you're a writer, you'll keep coming back to this book for years to come, whenever you need it. Great stuff :)
on 21 September 2014
Lots of great, fun and down-to-earth advice for both the novice and experienced writer. Divided in subject, so you can read a couple of chapters regarding the needed work stage, f.ex. writing dialogue or creating characters.
on 28 August 2014
Love Chuck Wendigs work, and this book is as good as you would expect! Each chapter is a list of 25 tips and tricks, broken into different segments for easy reference. Definitely worth your time and money.
on 11 December 2013
In one word BRILLIANT. Am still reading this book. Whatever page I flip over - I'm hooked. Chuck Wendig gets his info across with such panache it's instant absorption. He's invented a new state of the art. My turn to book. Thank you Chuck ...
on 26 December 2013
This book is utterly compelling, IMHO. I love the way the guy writes. His blog is fantastic. His books are fantastic. It's nice to own this particular book on paper, rather than kindle.
on 26 February 2015
Certainly a different writing self-help book. Fantastically different.

Wonderful tit-bits and gems of information that summarise what it takes to publish a piece of written work.

A book that I will regularly return to in the next few years. Best writing book I have read in th last 24 months.
on 26 June 2015
Enjoyed the read, feel stimulated to get on and do some writing