5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!!
I have bought other art journal books in the past but this one surpasses them all! It's like having Dina in the room with you: educating, inspiring and supporting you every step of the way. She is a supreme artist with extensive knowledge and she shares it in an easy to read friendly fashion with step by step photos and examples. Don't hesitate - this book is brilliant!!
Published 17 months ago by Lily Chi

3.0 out of 5 stars Art Journal Freedom, Diana Wakley
I really liked the look of this book, particularly the idea of "freedom" because my artwork tends to be a bit inhibited and finicky. There are lots of techniques that are all in the current fashionable style and they are quite inspiring but I wonder if the artist ever strays from the same formula because all the examples look very much the same. The book also uses...
Published 6 months ago by Deb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!!, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Art Journal Freedom: How to Journal Creatively With Color & Composition (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and instructional, 20 Mar 2013
Dina Wakley is an amazing artist and an amazing teacher too. This book is full of the most fabulous inspirational art journal pages, but is also helpful and instructional too. Dina teaches you all the rules, and then tells you can break them! This is a must-have for anyone interested in mixed-media art and/or art journaling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've ever had, 11 April 2013
This book is fantastic. If you want to learn new techniques for you journal then I recommend you buy this book.
I have never had a book as good as this in terms of inspiration, Clear instructions, techniques, and just about everything else - it is, in my opinion faultless.
I love it, I love it, I love it.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 1 Jun 2013
Sa Cain (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
This is my first art journaling book and I thought I would go direct to the inspirational Dina Wakely. I am very glad I did. The book is very well put together with concepts explained well and ideas and suggestions for trying projects. You feel that you can have a go at it whether you have an art background or just a basic craft background like me. I would suggest this book to anyone. All of Dina's pages are lovely too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 4 Jun 2013
This book inspired me to get started at last. A good book for me as I need a kick start and a little guidance

5.0 out of 5 stars you need this book if you are an art journaller, 16 May 2013
After buying so many books and taking so many classes on art journaling, looking for that perfect one, this one is it.

This is the book that teaches hat you need to learn to art in your own style and to art in the style of the author

Excellent. Cannot praise highly enough.

From the dozens of books I have bought this is the first time I have written a review. It would have been rude not too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 4 May 2013
D. H. Clarke (England) - See all my reviews
This book is brilliant, for people like me who haven't gone to art college Dina explains the fundamentals of art and what makes it work ......or sometimes in my case 'not work' !!! Lol but at least with a more technical understand of things like composition it means that hopefully when my art does work it will be more of the norm and less of an accident !!! .....great book :0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Art Journalers must have, 17 April 2013
Fabulous book - I absolutely love it - just need to find more time to play. All Art Journalers should have this book on their book shelves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Art journal Freedom, 23 April 2013
A very good book to have I have learnt a lot from it.It is interesting easy to read and understand and gives you lots of ideas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and detailed., 29 Sep 2013
I like this book, and she gives interesting examples, talking knowledgeably about form, composition and balance. As a self-taught mixed media artist, this fills in the 'art college' gaps in my knowledge. Very much her own style, and sometimes a bit samey. But good nevertheless.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›