5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Book
Published on 11 May 2011 by RichardG

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit wierd and "new age"
Published on 13 Dec 2010 by helsbells

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Book, 11 May 2011
RichardG (Nottingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life is a Verb: 37 Days to Wake Up, be Mindful and Live Intentionally (Paperback)
I bought this wonderful book a few years ago and I have read it over and over again. I love the way Patti Digh has collected together so many wonderful, interesting and inspirational stories. It reads nothing like the average "self help" book and it does not claim to be one! Each time I return to this beautiful book I circle a different quotation and write something new in the margins. Thank you Patti for this gift. No matter how many times I read this I still can't find anything weird or new age!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 19 Sep 2013
J. Parry "Chivers" (Leeds) - See all my reviews
I originally had this book on my Kindle Fire but its so good I wanted a hard copy.
Its full of inspiration not all preachy. The book is as series of essays with actions to follow, its not persciptive you can intetpret in them however you want to
The illustrations are lovely its almost worth buying just for them alone.
I recommend you buy a copy or if your'e like me buy two !

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational Writer, 15 April 2008
I have read the essays around which this book has been written. Every essay had something in it which spoke to me. I am looking forward to the release of this book (September 2008 in USA) so that I can read the expanded version of the essays and look at the superb illustrations, which are by artists in several different countries.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit wierd and "new age", 13 Dec 2010
Although this book does give some good ideas for art projects I didn't feel comfortable with how it treated your dreams and wishes for the future like a religion. The book has a definate spiritual leaning to it which, as a Christian, made me feel a little uncomfortable. The tarot style cards at the back of the book were particularly perculiar and the use of spiritualistic and new age language put me off. If you are looking a book on art tips, how to progress further as an artist and where you artistic heart is calling you then this book is NOT for you. A better book would be Kelly-Rae Roberts "Taking Flight".

Life is a Verb: 37 Days to Wake Up, be Mindful and Live Intentionally