Advertising Photography
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£25.63+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 25 September 2009
When I took the book in my hand I was spaced out: I did not expect such a small book with such format, nevertheless I opened it and start digging into it. It captured my since page 1 and it bound me to read it carefully.

This book is a detailed, but concise book on advertising photography. Who's who, what are the things that you should or you should not do, what are the common pitfalls and what can you do to get started. Differently from countless others, this one focuses on the business side of advertising photography. If you are looking for a book that will tell you how to shoot a model, how to light your subject then this book is definitely not for you. But if you want to understand the dynamic of the specific market, who are the key players, if you want to receive some advices and some down-to-earth reality checks, well order this book straight away.

One thing you should always keep in mind, though, is that the book is specifically targeted to the US market. Clearly it is written by an American that works in the specific market, so please bear this in mind: first hands example might be tweaked a little bit to be used in a different culture/environment!

Enjoy!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Period.

I'm half way through this book and undoubtedly this book is a warts and all piece of prose. Lou Lesko presents and easy to read book with down-to-Earth hints/tips and facts about an industry fraught with and driven by money, the old boys club and egos.

Even if you're not too interested in this strain of photography buy this book, it makes for an interesting read, Lesko introduces names of photographers that he likes and so do I now and provides a wonderful lyrical education along the way.

Good book - I think you can tell that I like this book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again