Format: MP3 CD|Change

on 7 August 2011
The object of this paraphrase is to make understanding the message of the bible more accessible. It is not a substitute for a proper biblical translation, but it works excellently to help bring the Bible alive, and I personally love the helpful introductions to each book of the Bible. I listen to it in the car, and want to listen to the whole Bible,and even the difficult legalistic old testament books of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy are easier to listen to and follow with this "version". Very good value in all senses. My version does however seem to miss out from Psalm 105 to the end of Song of Solomon.
on 16 May 2008
Having read earlierl translations before, this is writen in a refreshingly easy and accesable way. There are no "thee"s or "thow"s the language is modern without being "slang or street."
The power of the "word" is retained and this "translation should be added to the list of books to read before you....if you were afraid of buying or receiving a bible try this one.
A small, two collum edition is available which is hand-bag bumbag sized.easy to dip into. (I keep one in the car.)
on 7 January 2010
Great to listen to. Only listening to the sound of one voice can be monotonous at times. A variety of readers would improve it. However, I really like the Message and all the family are enjoying this version of the bible. Pleased I purchased this item.
on 28 September 2009
As usual, Amazon was efficient in its delivery service. However, I had not appreciated this came in MP3 format, so I was very disappointed when I put it on in the car and nothing happened. Where was this info hidden in the sales description?

I am sure that I will enjoy listening to the CDs once I've figured out how I do that, not being in the possession of an MP3 player and lacking knowledge in this area!
on 7 June 2016
"I tell you what happened" style - very modernised version, quite often sounds a bit too modernised, but because of this it's an excellent version of listening to it in the car. Easy to understand.
This is the style when you tell the stories to your children so that they can understand it.

For deeper study buy a different version.
on 21 August 2011
I have read and reread the bible many times and in many different translations. This CD offers another way of enjoying the greatest book in the world. The Message does have some Americanisms but for all that this is excellent.
on 9 November 2008
amazing version of the bible which totally updates and makes clear parts of the bible which are hard to understand. Brilliant intro to the bible!! God bless xx
on 12 April 2011
I bought this Complete Bible set thinking that it was just the Bible, however you end up with another persons introduction to each book that seems to go on for ages. I did not buy this for another persons interpretation or opinion of the Bible.
I am most disappointed. It wouldn't have been so bad if I could fast forward past their remarks but my cd player only skips to the next book

Jimmer
on 18 November 2009
Product was just what I wanted at an excellent price.
This is the full 66 CD product that runs on a normal CD player.
PinkFloss must have been reviewing the 4 CD product in MP3 format -- obviously much cheaper, but needs a higher spec MP3 player to hear the output.
Presumably the people who found that review 'helpful' were misled?!
on 1 June 2013
My concern before ordering was the reader’s accent. He (Kelly Ryan Dolan) does sound slightly American but his accent is gentle and his intonation pleasant. It was easy to select individual chapters and also to listen to whole books at a time (an education in itself). There are some translation choices I would not make (e.g. eleven children rather than eleven sons in Genesis 32;22) but these choices seem in line with a lot of modern versions, and the paraphrasing does bring a smile to your face!