5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
No surprises when the dream died early.
Published 4 months ago by A. L. P. Ambrose

2.0 out of 5 stars rushed and incomplete
Published on 27 Mar. 2009 by Lucius

2.0 out of 5 stars rushed and incomplete, 27 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Welcome to Obamaland: I've Seen Your Future, and it Doesn't Work (Hardcover)
Have to say I have always been a bit of a fan of Delingpole's , but I was genuinely disappointed with this effort. The book seemed rushed and incomplete, rather than arguments and opinions I found myself nodding along with, the book just seemed to be a factually dubious rant. I would heartily recommend How to be right as a good example of James's work, this though steer clear of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Dec. 2014
A. L. P. Ambrose (UK) - See all my reviews
No surprises when the dream died early.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another view of reality, 28 Aug. 2012
James Delingpole is a unique writer, he is able to make statements that are (adopt hushed voice) non-PC and at the same time not offensive. It is what is called the rational, evidence stance. In the 'olden days' even school children were familar with this approach. He writes with disarming refreshing honesty and is recieved warmly by all those with an open mind, well done keep it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars OK, so I'm prejudiced !, 7 Feb. 2009
Mr. Malcolm H. Delingpole (Malvern UK) - See all my reviews
As the author's father I could be prejudiced, but I think this book deserves more than a dismissive review from someone who says he hasn't read it. No doubt Brits are only now receiving their copies from Amazon, and if you haven't ordered yours yet, I suggest you get on-line. It is a heartfelt warning to the Americans about what they might expect if Obama turns out to be another Blair. It is based on his own experience of life in Britain over the last few years, and contains plenty of apposite and witty comments thereon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Obamaland, 8 Feb. 2009
Mrs (CATERHAM, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Welcome to Obamaland: I've Seen Your Future, and it Doesn't Work

I agree with Mr Delingpole, how can you give an opinion on a book you have never read... judging a book by its cover?
C Fleet

5.0 out of 5 stars The Must Read of 2009, 21 Mar. 2009
James Delingpole's brilliant "Welcome to Obamaland" is a must read for anyone even vaguely interested in the future of the western world. In this book, Delingpole warns Americans of what they can expect from their government over the next four years. He knows because he's seen it all before. In England in 1997, pretty Tony Blair was the golden boy of politics, the saviour of the world - the Obama of England. James Delingpole explains England's decline under Blair's Socialist government and, in doing so, foretells America's decline under Obama's Socialist government. Unlike most of those political "look-at-the-mess-we're-in" style books that depress you for weeks, the serious message in "Welcome to Obamaland" is laced with Delingpole's famous brand of laugh-out-loud wit and caustic asides. So while, like the other reviewers, I found the book a little scary, I also thought it was hilariously (and passionately) written.

If you don't read any other political book this year, read "Welcome to Obamaland" and consider yourself well informed.

5.0 out of 5 stars An important new political commentator, 10 May 2009
At last a new commentator with a reliable political view that takes on the Socialist Left with humour, honesty and enjoyment. Lets hope he stays as a contributor to the Telegraph for longer than Mark Steyn!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Insight, 21 Mar. 2013
Very well written with such humour. Apart from the seriousness of the situation of what Obama is going to do too America you only need to look what Blair did too Britain, many points will make you laugh.

3.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to Obamaland, 13 April 2009
A Kid's Review
A popular and in places humorous account of the English situation as a warning that its problems could spread to the USA under president Obama.

Welcome to Obamaland: I've Seen Your Future, and it Doesn't Work
Welcome to Obamaland: I've Seen Your Future, and it Doesn't Work by James Delingpole (Hardcover - 5 Feb. 2009)