5.0 out of 5 stars original and enticing, 1 Feb 2014
E. Brister (Bedfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Op Art Socks: Creative Effects in Sock Knitting (Paperback)
I love the patterns in this book. I've finished the first pair and can't wait for the next. Can't wait for my sock drawer to look as colourful

5.0 out of 5 stars Exiting patterns in colour and texture, 6 May 2014
I love graphic patterns and the book is full of them – executed both in colour and in texture. The pair of socks on the cover is not just vibrant but has very interesting sole construction which probably was the strongest enticement to buy this book.
I knit a lot but apart from couple of relatively easy sock patterns I am not an experienced sock knitter. The explanations in the book are very clear and there are some very useful tips on stranded knitting small items in the round and general sock knitting techniques.
It is great fun to browse through Stephanie Van Der Linden's book and I am looking forward to knitting some of the socks in it. I thoroughly recommend this book to anyone in love of colour knitting even if they do not have experience. A sock is a small project and a great way to experiment with new techniques.

Op Art Socks: Creative Effects in Sock Knitting
Op Art Socks: Creative Effects in Sock Knitting by Stephanie Van Der Linden (Paperback - 29 Nov 2013)
11.19