5.0 out of 5 stars Great technical book
Published 9 months ago by Mindie

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept.
Not to sure what I was expecting.
While most of the sewing is eliminated you swap sewing with the challenge of picking up stitches evenly and without holes.
Published 5 months ago by Whiteburn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great technical book, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
This is a great book if you want to look into the technical aspects of seamless knitting. The patterns are very well thought out and, personally I like the designs. If you just want a few patterns to knit then perhaps this is not the book for you but if you are the type of knitter that is interested in good designs and want to understand how these designs are put together then I highly rate this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful!, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
I bought this because I loved the pullover shown on the cover. I started kintting it at once, I#v finished the first sleeve, it looks beautiful. I am eager to knit more of the projects.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ideas for seamless knitting, 28 July 2013
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
I liked the styles in this book and found seamless or circular knitting very well described. I am on my third garment with seamless knitting and find it much more comfortable and quick. I hate the sewing up part and have often left garments at this stage, so this idea suits me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept., 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
Not to sure what I was expecting.
The book basically takes standard pattern but you pick up stitches where normally you would stitch the pieces together, the body is knitted in the round (you will either need VERY long circular needles or be comfortable with double pointed needles).
This is something you could workout yourself.
This 'technic' does eliminate seams but you end up with a heavy, bulky piece of knitting. If your 'pickup' isn't smooth and even you have to unpick a large piece of knitting rather than just a seam. The seams are flatter than sewn seams.
An interesting concept. Challenging conventional concepts is always worthwhile.
All in all I think I will stick to sewn in sleeves. Having smaller pieces of knitting makes them more portable and lighter to handle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Technical10/10, artistic impression 3/10, 24 Jan 2014
Dr. V. Stewart (Somerton,, Somerset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
I agree with the reviewers who praised the discussion of techniques more than the actual designs. On techniques, it's very interesting; sometimes maybe a touch patronising but they're leaving nothing to chance. There's some interesting ideas here, especially if you prefer to shy away from one-piece knits that depend on raglan shaping - always a tricky one unless you're the dimensions of a stick insect.

But oh dear, the patterns! Some of them remind me of my aunt's collection of 1950s Stitchcraft magazines - honestly, when did you last aspire to knit a form-fitting jumper that made a feature of its bust shaping? There's only one that I fancy, and I would make that as a sloppy joe and leave off the knitted belt!!! Yes, folks, to a close-fitting jumper in a rather nice stitch they add a narrow knitted string on a buckle that cuts the model's figure in half. OK, it's not compulsory, but it makes one wonder why the sudden and painful transition from technical mastery to designs out of a post-war reference book.

It's got loads of good advice. Wish they'd taken just a little themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars I hate sewing up seams, 24 Jun 2013
Mary Kersey (West Walesl UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
I hate sewing up seams in knitting and hoped this would help avoid this. Well yes it does but I didnt find the projects as good as I had hoped.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seamless Knitting, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
Very good on the information as well as patterns and ideas I am finding it most useful time and money saving but still very elegant Ilove the much easier way you can produce an excellent product .

2.0 out of 5 stars Some strange patterns....., 23 July 2013
I. Stratton (Oxford UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
The technical part of this book is fine. However I found the patterns very unappealing with cables that seems to wander all over the place. None of them were things that I would have made - I got the book from the library so at least I hadn't bought it.
Anne Budd's books are far better for the sort of knitting I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great knit, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
This book was bought as a present for my wife and she is very impressed by it, almost to the point of being overtaken. I am a long suffer of the knitter, but to see the pleasure she is getting is rewarding.

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok book, 14 April 2014
I which I had bought the hard copy of this book because I struggle to follow patterns on screen and can't find a way to print off.

The Art of Seamless Knitting
The Art of Seamless Knitting by Faina Goberstein (Paperback - 19 Jun 2013)
12.59