5.0 out of 5 stars Great technical book
Published 19 months ago by Mindie

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept.
Not to sure what I was expecting.
While most of the sewing is eliminated you swap sewing with the challenge of picking up stitches evenly and without holes.
Published 15 months ago by Whiteburn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great technical book, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
This is a great book if you want to look into the technical aspects of seamless knitting. The patterns are very well thought out and, personally I like the designs. If you just want a few patterns to knit then perhaps this is not the book for you but if you are the type of knitter that is interested in good designs and want to understand how these designs are put together then I highly rate this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ideas for seamless knitting, 28 July 2013
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
I liked the styles in this book and found seamless or circular knitting very well described. I am on my third garment with seamless knitting and find it much more comfortable and quick. I hate the sewing up part and have often left garments at this stage, so this idea suits me.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful!, 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
I bought this because I loved the pullover shown on the cover. I started kintting it at once, I#v finished the first sleeve, it looks beautiful. I am eager to knit more of the projects.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept., 19 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
Not to sure what I was expecting.
The book basically takes standard pattern but you pick up stitches where normally you would stitch the pieces together, the body is knitted in the round (you will either need VERY long circular needles or be comfortable with double pointed needles).
This is something you could workout yourself.
This 'technic' does eliminate seams but you end up with a heavy, bulky piece of knitting. If your 'pickup' isn't smooth and even you have to unpick a large piece of knitting rather than just a seam. The seams are flatter than sewn seams.
An interesting concept. Challenging conventional concepts is always worthwhile.
All in all I think I will stick to sewn in sleeves. Having smaller pieces of knitting makes them more portable and lighter to handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars maybe it's because I hate sewing seams, 21 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
OK, maybe it's because I hate sewing seams, maybe it is because I am completely flat chested, but I love this book. I have knitted 3 of the projects so far - all have been what I would call 'not simple', but the charts are really good, especially for the cables and lacey patterns. So, for my first go at complex patterns, the tops have a real 'wow' factor. Every time I wear one of them, people always comment (in a good way, I hope).

3.0 out of 5 stars Technical10/10, artistic impression 3/10, 24 Jan. 2014
Dr. V. Stewart (Somerton,, Somerset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
I agree with the reviewers who praised the discussion of techniques more than the actual designs. On techniques, it's very interesting; sometimes maybe a touch patronising but they're leaving nothing to chance. There's some interesting ideas here, especially if you prefer to shy away from one-piece knits that depend on raglan shaping - always a tricky one unless you're the dimensions of a stick insect.

But oh dear, the patterns! Some of them remind me of my aunt's collection of 1950s Stitchcraft magazines - honestly, when did you last aspire to knit a form-fitting jumper that made a feature of its bust shaping? There's only one that I fancy, and I would make that as a sloppy joe and leave off the knitted belt!!! Yes, folks, to a close-fitting jumper in a rather nice stitch they add a narrow knitted string on a buckle that cuts the model's figure in half. OK, it's not compulsory, but it makes one wonder why the sudden and painful transition from technical mastery to designs out of a post-war reference book.

It's got loads of good advice. Wish they'd taken just a little themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars I hate sewing up seams, 24 Jun. 2013
Mary Kersey (West Walesl UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
I hate sewing up seams in knitting and hoped this would help avoid this. Well yes it does but I didnt find the projects as good as I had hoped.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to understand and nice, 16 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
Very informative, easy to understand and nice patterns

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
Several articles I am looking forward to making

4.0 out of 5 stars Seamless Knitting, 25 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Art of Seamless Knitting (Paperback)
Very good on the information as well as patterns and ideas I am finding it most useful time and money saving but still very elegant Ilove the much easier way you can produce an excellent product .

The Art of Seamless Knitting
The Art of Seamless Knitting by Faina Goberstein (Paperback - 19 Jun. 2013)