5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful patterns
Published 10 months ago by Pipsqueak

3.0 out of 5 stars Great designs but difficult to substitute yarns
All the designs are great and the patterns easy to follow, I'm sure I will use some of them again and again. There are patterns for beginners and experienced knitters though it's relatively easy to simplify some of the more complicated ones.

Published 17 months ago by Catherine Scott

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful patterns, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Essentially Feminine Knits (Paperback)
I waited a while before ordering this book as I wanted to see more of the patterns inside and some other sites had mixed reviews although most of them were good. I am not disappointed with it, there are some gorgeous designs although, like most other knitting books these days, there are charts rather than written out pattern instructions. This was the bit I was trying to find out before buying. I will write out the pattern chart beforehand to make it easier, even though I have been knitting all my life I am still not too confident with charts as I am inclined to knit while watching tv. There is something for everyone in this book and the garter and leaf pattern cardigan is particularly lovely and also the boyfriend cardigan. Single patterns are about 3 today which makes this book an absolute bargain as it has 25, even if you only make a few of them. Highly recommended for experienced knitters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had more time......, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Essentially Feminine Knits (Paperback)
there are some lovely patterns in this book and I cannot wait to get started on them once my other projects have been finished. The wool is easy to source locally just look for wool using the same size needles and check your tension matches the pattern. Wish I had more time to be able to sit and do them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - with stylish designs, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Essentially Feminine Knits (Paperback)
I have had mixed experience buying knitting books - sometimes only 1 or 2 patterns I like and then many re-worked repeats. But this book is not at all like that. Patterns really work, sizing spot on and a number of others I am waiting eagerly to have a go at.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essentially Feminine Knits, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Essentially Feminine Knits (Paperback)
The patterns in this book were interesting and had a lot of variety, saying that I am not sure how many of these I will actually end up knitting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great designs but difficult to substitute yarns, 15 Mar 2013
Catherine Scott (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essentially Feminine Knits (Paperback)

However the yarns used are not easy to obtain in the UK. Some patterns, like the one on the cover, are easy to substitute but several patterns use two yarns at once making it much more difficult.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essentially Feminine Knits, 14 April 2013
SKH (Devon England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essentially Feminine Knits (Paperback)
I bought this book having viewed one pattern only. I don't normally buy books of patterns as I don't expect to see more than one pattern that I like. However, I have already made two items, (still not the one I originally saw). My friends love the designs; the book has been lent a few times and others have bought their own copy. Designs are original and beautiful.

About the nicest knitting pattern book I have on my shelf.

3.0 out of 5 stars not for the novice, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Essentially Feminine Knits (Paperback)
lovely modern patterns but not something you could pick up and put down as the patterns need to be followed on a grid so quiet complicated

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful modern designs, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: Essentially Feminine Knits (Paperback)
I have now made 2 garments from this book and they are both beautiful. The pattern instructions are easy to follow, sizing is spot on, and the designs are contemporary and easy to wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and wearable, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Essentially Feminine Knits (Paperback)
I'm always a little wary of buying craft books unseen. Too often the only usable item is that which is pictured on the front cover and the rest is disappointing. Not so with this book. The items are wearable, easy to knit without being boring or shapeless. Good explanations and some techniques I didn't know before. I would knit about 75% of these. Including the one on the front cover ! Given that a single knitting pattern these days is nearly 3 , this was a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Knits, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Essentially Feminine Knits (Paperback)
I love this book, I have been searching everywhere for a style that would suit, flatter me now I have a choice!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Essentially Feminine Knits
Essentially Feminine Knits by Lene Holme Samoe (Paperback - 30 May 2012)
11.89