Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 June 2012
This is one of the most fascinating knitting books I have seen. It treats you like an intelligent creative person who might want to play and experiment the same way the author does. I LOVE the way she outlines the possibilities - leaving the rest up to you. Fires the creative possibilities. For anyone who wants to have a go at designing their own jumpers or cardigans.
on 6 August 2012
There are some wacky ideas in this book but if you love knitting and want something different then this is for you. The instructions are ok and are for knitting a swatch rather than an item but I think you could easily adapt them to make things such as funky cushions, tubular scarves etc.

If you want something different and not just a pattern book then this is the book for you.
on 8 July 2012
Very much enjoyed the book, so far only peeked into it, but it very much inspires me to pick up my needles.
Most books are dealing with lace and frou frou, but the motifs in the book are very playful without getting childish.
Reminds me a bit of the Space Age of the 60's.
on 19 December 2012
As previous reviewers said, this is a great reference book for inspiration about how to push the boundaries of colour and pattern.
It's definitely colourful! great graphic designs.
I like the way it gives a huge variety of repetitive patterns that you could adapt to scarves, cushions, blankets...
It starts with fairly straight forward rib designs in a single colour, where it makes a slight change and shows you how the appearance changes. The patterns seem easy to follow.
Then it introduces colour, but again in simple lines to start with, and makes slight variations, so that you can see the overall effect.
The second half of the book goes a little crazy with both colour and patterns, and shows cardigans made of holes and elaborate designs.
Every time I look at it, I get the urge to start a scarf in odd colour combinations.
I would have liked to see more colour variation, most designs are done in primary colours: red, yellow, green and blue.
It makes some designs a bit garish, where more subtle colours would have made the pattern beautiful. But then, that's for you to change!
I'll definitely try some of the designs.
Very inspirational, and not a single flounce or flower in sight!
Would make a good present for those knitters that love adapting patterns to make their own, and maybe intarsia knitters that enjoy colour combinations.
on 29 December 2015
This book should be more widely known as it is a very good design book and I have done a lot of samples from it. I really want to find the time and make some garments. I loved the clever use of the simple garter stitch to create colour work. And the spotty designs are really impressive!!
on 30 January 2014
It is an amazing book full of ideas. I am only a learner but looking at the designs is spurring me on to learn to do that kind of pop knitting in the future.
For those who are seasoned knitters,; what a treasure trove to work from.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 14 June 2012
This is a bold, make that BOLD knitting book. The author has chosen colours that pop. If you are thinking I hate bright colours, see beyond the samples and think about changing the colours. Don't miss out on the wide variety of patterns offered by this book. Some of them are old, some obvious but Britt Marie presents them in new and exciting ways. If you are looking to inject something different into your knitting, this is a good place to start. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics website.
on 14 November 2014
This has to be one of my best knitting books, but not for the fainthearted. You need to work out a lot yourself but the inspiration is wonderful.
on 24 May 2015
Beautiful book, I think I'll use some patterns sooner or later. Maybe it's not for beginners but I consider myself an intermediate knitter.
on 21 August 2012
Great book ! Not really for beginners. Could have more "step by step" photo's.
But a fun book to have..