TOP 100 REVIEWERon 23 August 2011
This is a book of contemporary crochet pattens that really hit the mark. Taken from Interweave Crochet's first five years, I guess you would not want this if you have continually bought the magazine. However the latter it is not widely available in the UK, so this book should do extremely well here in the UK, despite having to substitute yarn. It has some of the biggest names in the industry and I am only going to mention one, my favourite, Kristin Omdahl who produces a beautiful shawl pattern in this book. I am much more of a knitter than a crocheter but I was captivated by the designs in this book. I am sure there are plenty of patterns here that would entrance avid crocheters, beginners and advanced ones alike. The variety of patterns is great. Tops, sweaters, scarves, bags and even a dress (the patten I liked least sadly). Stitches vary from lacy to solid, some almost look like knitting. There are three patterns for kids - blanket, teddy and dress, one waistcoat in Tunisian crochet for a man, not keen on that and the bulk of the book devoted to ladies late twenties plus. Even the patterns that look back to the traditional granny square such as the Boho design work so well, I was amazed that I could like something that essentially used granny squares. Definitely worth buying in my opinion.
on 15 December 2011
Very happy I bought this crochet design book, like another reviewer said: finally a book where I want to make more than 5 projects! (I just couldn't wait and tried one the projects just a few minutes after opening the book).
Clear and easy to follow instructions + diagrams (where needed). The designs are indeed more on the contemporary/fashionable side than the granny/obsolete side, definitely a great addition to your crochet library !

A great book that will certainly generate a lot of enthusiasm.
on 27 January 2012
This book is full of useful and wearable items. There are simple projects which are suitable for the beginner as well as more advanced pieces which would test the more experienced crocheter. It is the sort of book you will write your name in before you lend it to anyone, as you will want to make sure that you get it back. You know you will be using it for years to come and making some of the pieces more than once.

I am about to start the lovely the Lilly Chin Dress. It is snowing outside my house today. If I start on it today, it might just be ready in time for a summer wedding.

The terms used are American crochet terms, which may put some crafters off. It may inspire others to become bilingual crocheters.
on 29 July 2015
I'll admit first off that I've only made one of the items in this book, the big bow cardi that's on the front cover. The instructions were easy to follow (even for a novice) and I didn't find a mistake. I'll also admit that I didn't use the yarn specified, but a thinner merino mix and a smaller hook (I just followed the pattern for a size two up from the one I would otherwise have used). The finished article looks just like the one in the book and is soft and comfortable to wear. One word of warning though.... there was no instruction to slip stitch around the hole for the scarf or the button holes. Without doing that they would wear very quickly and you could be making repairs within a couple of uses (It also looks a lot neater if you slip stitch around the edges).
on 16 May 2013
I was thrilled to find 2 sought after patterns, the Babette Blanket and the Moorish Mosaic Afghan, within this fabulous collection of classic Interweave crochet designs. Of course, to have the ease of the Kindle edition by my side as I crochet is a huge bonus. Very happy with my purchase!
on 26 April 2015
It is worth getting used to the American crochet stitch words for this volume as there are some wonderful patterns in it, with the Moorish mosaic Afghan being my favourite as its single motifs change from a hexagon to an octagon in a magical way. There's also a huge amount of additional information, including good diagrams, not only about the stitches but also about crocheting in general and the many different styles available. I have not been able to find a similar book in the British style.
on 25 July 2014
Interesting patterns and text. Haven't started anything yet but, unlike many books on knitting and crochet I have in my collection, there are a number of designs I would be interested in completing. The designs are modern and stylish in contrast to many crochet patterns on the market today.
on 1 August 2014
An excellent book with a good selection of patterns and written in a clear style.
on 29 December 2014
delivery fast good value for money
on 21 January 2015