5.0 out of 5 stars Sock Heaven!
Published on 29 Sep 2010 by Mrs. P. J. Beeching

3.0 out of 5 stars good book
Good book in general but focusses a little too much on colour work. I have not yet knitted any of the patterns, but I am sure I will do shortly.
Published 6 months ago by Isabella Haynes

5.0 out of 5 stars Sock Heaven!, 29 Sep 2010
This review is from: Around The World In Knitted Socks (Paperback)
I've become a Groupie where Ms. van der Linden's patterns are concerned because I love the different and beautiful ways she arrives at what is basically a sock shape. When I spotted this book printed in English, I pounced on it with glee and it doesn't disappoint. Every pattern in it is something I want to knit and that's a rare thing for any Knitter to say. I'm at the toe end of the first pattern in the book, 'Alpine Glow', with its diamond 'clocks' and neat diagonal panels of travelling stitches tripping round the ankle and across the foot, and have chosen several more patterns lined up ready to attack. All I'll say is that if you want a sock book with patterns in solid or stranded colourwork to tempt, tantalise and give you the A+ satisfaction value, this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sock it to me, 21 Oct 2010
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Around The World In Knitted Socks (Paperback)
At last a sock knitting book I love. These are socks to wear, not hide under your trouser legs. Fabulous designs where often the underside of the sock is as important as the upper. This book is a delight from heel to toe. There's only a couple of patterns I wasn't fond of, the rest I adore. Here's to knitting a pair of socks a fortnight, this book will keep me going all year! I love the theme, the socks, the instructions and techniques. This book first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.

5.0 out of 5 stars sock bible, 9 Jan 2012
Willem Verstraeten (Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Around The World In Knitted Socks (Paperback)
Just bought this book and love it. The patterns are dazzling and you get to learn a lot of different techniques (ajour, double stranded, cables,...) on a small scale. Good explanations of the techniques, with photographs. And many different ways of shaping the socks: different types of heel and toes, and toe up and cuff down socks. I already bought yarn to get started on the 'scent of lavender' lace socks. Now I just have to find out if the patterns are well written (read them through,and they seem comprehensive enough, but you never really know until you've knit from them, do you?)

3.0 out of 5 stars good book, 6 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Around The World In Knitted Socks (Paperback)
The most inspiring knitting book I've seen. Love the pictures and the selections that's been made, how the socks look so typical for each country. You can guess where they are from simply by looking at the pattern (is it detailed, dark colored, multicolored? etc.) and that it has a short explanation for the link between the pattern and the culture. The descriptions are detailed and easy to follow even for someone who has never knitted socks before!

5.0 out of 5 stars :-), 2 April 2013
This review is from: Around The World In Knitted Socks (Paperback)
Ja så er der udfordringer på programmet ..... men heldigvis er der mange diagrammer, det gør det en smule lettere at kæmpe sig gennem en udenlandsk opskrift :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sock book ever, so far...., 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Around The World In Knitted Socks (Paperback)
Ordered this book from an Amazon Market Place seller, so a real bargain. I just love it and want to knit 24 out of the 26 designs in the book. Can't wait to get started. The patterns seem clear although some are quite demanding. The photography is beautiful and clearly shows all the aspects of the garment. A must have for any intermediate or experienced sock knitter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inspiring designs, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: Around The World In Knitted Socks (Paperback)
Fabulous book with wonderful inspiring patterns.. have made up two of them and found it was quite easy to follow the patterns and the finished socks were brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Around the world in knitted socks, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Around The World In Knitted Socks (Paperback)
A great book full of fabulous patterns making it difficult to choose! I knotted a pair right away and they were a perfect fit.

3.0 out of 5 stars all socks same size, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: Around The World In Knitted Socks (Paperback)
Wonderful book. Patterns are all gorgeous. Photography great but all patterns fit just one size. No other sizes options are included. The advice is if you want a bigger size use a bigger needle. I don't think this is satisfactory as it will result in a loser tension and won't produce the same finish. Also glossary of techniques lacks detail and is still difficult to follow first time. Designs are still stunning though

Around The World In Knitted Socks
Around The World In Knitted Socks by Stephanie Van Der Linden (Paperback - 17 Aug 2010)
Used & New from: £2.92