Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on 17 October 2010
This book is jam packed with images and clear simple instructions on how to achieve what appear to be complicated patterns and designs.
As a beginner I thought I would be overwhelmed by the complexity of all these amazing patterns. However on inspection of this book and the detail offered in teaching how to re create these patterns, I was able to see how each is achieved with patience and focus. The steps are clear and the instructions coupled with images and patterns. The author is generous in her sharing of ideas and imagination. This book illustrates how diverse the achievements can be on a Rigid Heddle Loom. I recommend this to book wholeheartedly. A wonderful book.
VINE VOICEon 24 March 2011
If you are just starting out with rigid-heddle weaving, or if you have been weaving for a while and are looking for more creative ideas, this is the book for you. I've looked at quite a few books on rigid-heddle weaving and got more than frustrated with authors' assumptions that I already knew things that I didn't. Jane Patrick makes everything seem do-able. Written in plain language with plenty of colour photos and clear instructions I almost jumped for joy when I first paged through it. I had bought Hands on Rigid Heddle Weaving by Betty Linn Davenport when I first started weaving. This is a priceless book to have if you are just learning how to weave. Combined with Jane Patrick's book, The Weaver's Idea Book, you really have all you need to get started and to progress in your weaving. This is really a brilliant book and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
on 19 November 2010
This is a brilliant easy to read and doable book! you can follow the instructions given and end up with a usable length of fabric in whatever pattern you chose to try.This will at last enable me to get the most out of my 32" Ashford Rigid Heddle loom above and beyond plain weave, I can use the whole of this book , not just the couple of pages mentioning the existence of such a thing as a simple loom.
on 24 March 2012
This book does exactly what the title suggests - provides plenty of ideas for creativity using a rigid heddle loom. Better still, there are clear instuctions (with plenty of pictures) on how to achieve each technique. As a complete weaving novice I've found this book invaluable. And to top it all, the book is spiral bound so it lies open at the page you want. This could well be the best 'how to' creative book I've ever read, and I've read a lot!
on 24 January 2011
As someone new to rigid heddle weaving I found the book inspiring. It shows the beginner and the more advanced that so much can be achieved on a simple loom. The photo's are very good and the instruction clear and concise.
All in all a book worth having.
on 4 March 2011
Great book, written very well with informative instruction for the beginner and expert alike. I find this book to be a great source of inspiration and advice when needed. As an experienced weaver both on the rigid heddle loom and on a floor loom this book was still a very useful addition to my library.
on 17 March 2011
This is a super book. Packed with great projects - I was drooling over some of the ideas. Although written for the rigid heddle loom the projects are easily transferred to a four-shaft floor loom - which is what I shall be doing as soon as I finish the current project!
on 21 July 2012
this book is fantastic. it contains far more than i thought it would with loads of intricate weaving designs i had never even thought of let alone thought i could try. it has everything needed for the complete beginner or for a more experienced weaver who wants to try out new techniques. definitely a good buy!!
on 21 April 2012
`The weavers idea book' by Jane Patric is a must for all weavers of all stages and ages. Wonderful patterns created on a rigid heddle loom that I didn't think was possible without a 4 shaft (at least) loom.
Its creative and inspiring!
on 19 December 2012
I love the spiral binder, making it easy to use. Lovely illustrations - I'm sure my daughter will love it!