4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant pictures
Published on 26 April 2008 by L. Chapman

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite useful
This was quite helpful as I was a total novice in regard to spinning yarn. In some places it made the process seem a little more complicated, but this was cleared up when I got someone to give me a lesson on how to spin.
Published 11 months ago by Ann Wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant pictures, 26 April 2008
L. Chapman "Lucy" (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Start Spinning: Everything You Need to Know to Make Great Yarn (Paperback)
As someone who recently became interested in spinning, this book was recommended to me as a good guide. I am using a spindle and there are plenty of pictures to demonstrate the various techniques. There is quite a lot on explaining the spinning wheel too if I should choose to progress to one. It explains all the terminology and there is a section on plying and setting the twist. If you want to start from scratch there is a section on carding and preparing fleece. As someone who prefers lots of pictures and diagrams when learning something new this book was brilliant for me. The only reason I didn't give it 5 starts is that more experienced spinner probably wont find it useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent for a beginner, 9 April 2009
I'm so glad I chose this book. Following a spinning workshop, I wanted a book that help me with the fundimentals and this is it!

Everything is explained in clear diagrams accompanied by in-depth explanations, with summaries at the end, so whatever style you prefer this is an excellent book.

My favourite thing about it is that unlike many teachers, the author does not try to force you to do things in a particular way, but presents a range of methods to try so you can pick the ones that suit you best.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for a spinner beginner., 31 May 2009
Ms. Cynthia Ash "cyn" (England) - See all my reviews
I'm new to spinning and I'm finding this book very informative with clear photographs and instructions.My wheel isn't the same as the author's but it gives me a good idea of how it works and what should be happening.It also shows how to use a drop spindle for those who don't own a wheel. This is a great book for a learner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 2 May 2011
This is a great book for beginners like me. Instructions are clear & concise, it is well laid out & covers all types of spinning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful, 7 Dec 2010
This book is great. I have just started spinning and this has been a great help. the text is simple to follow and the photos really add to your understanding. I also love the troubleshooting section which has saved me on more than one occasion. A truly brilliant book for beginners and intermediates alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy reading, 29 May 2013
The book was very imformative & easy to understand anyone just setting up should read it & strongly recomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book., 5 Feb 2013
A really simply written book explaining all the pros and cons of spinning, very educational, it was recommended to me

5.0 out of 5 stars wife loved it, 15 Oct 2013
Steve T (Barnstaple Devon) - See all my reviews
My wife loved this book. very informative as she is a spinner and a knitter. explains what she wanted to know

5.0 out of 5 stars Spinning, 15 Oct 2013
A nice looking and informative book. I have found it very helpful and would recommend this book to a beginner like myself.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite useful, 31 July 2013