on 21 June 2012
fantastic book - as an avid paper-crafter I find that Hand-Lettering is something that has always eluded me ..... until now - this book gives simple, clear instructions and prompted me into thinking of other ways to use lettering to enhance my crafting - definitely worth getting as it's not disgustingly expensive and the results are rather lush :)CardMaker's Hand-Lettering Workbook (Annie's Attic: Paper Crafts)
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 27 October 2011
Add a personal and professional touch to your card making by mastering the art of hand lettering. There's a guide to hand lettering basics, an art that the authors fear might disappear owing to social media and email. The book then provides some exciting typefaces to use. There are seventeen different typefaces to use given as complete alphabets. The wonderful gallery shows cards featuring the different typefaces. The art of hand lettering will make your cards look great. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
on 30 January 2012
A very useful workbook with lots of ideas.The only criticism that I could find was a personal one, I would have liked both upper and lower case letters. This was just a minor thing.
on 23 February 2014
i love this - i've been doodling differing types of lettering everywhere! totally addictive but best to try out the ideas in the book first to get the hang of it but then just go for it - i love it and can't stop!!!!
on 11 April 2013
I was so disappointed with this book - though there are one or two styles I thought were ok, the majority were dull and unimaginative, and as the examples are only in uppercase, it was difficult to imagine using them. The worst part though is the projects section in the back where they demonstrate the letters being used in cards - the example cards look nothing like the lettering styles in the front of the book. I feel a little ripped off and had I seen this book in a book shop, I certainly wouldn't have purchased it. Sorry!
on 5 October 2014
This book has some very decorative alphabets to trace. There are lots of block letters as well as some fine line ones, but the emphasis is on fancy, quirky letters and it would have been nice to have included more simple, classic styles. There are better books on the market but they tend to be more expensive, so not a bad purchase really.
on 16 February 2014
I got these for card making but have used them them for many projects. I have covered them in foil, painted and glossed them with clear varnihs and they always come out looking great. I have used then on worden boxes for myfriends children to spell out their names. There are just so useful I will have to get more soon.
on 7 January 2013
I love this book and have used the basic ideas as well as developing my own. They look great on personalised cards and presents. The instructions are easy to follow and the pictures show you step by step how to complete the designs.
on 15 May 2013
It was not as described by the publisher, not really worth the price. The sample cards etc in the book are probably the best part. I was very disappointed with the book and I do buying quite a few craft books to compare it too.
on 10 February 2014
I am very happy I ordered this book. It was a surprise when it arrived as it is a lot thinner than I was expecting! Not really a problem as it has some fun ideas for lettering and it is well laid out.