5.0 out of 5 stars Must have techniques for beginners of hairpin AND crochet
I am so grateful to have this little book in my stitch-craft armoury. Having only just discovered the existence of the Hairpin technique, this book certainly got me started in a flash as I'd ordered my loom at the same time Adjustable Aluminum Hairpin Lace Loom 12" -

Published on 26 July 2011 by D. Berry

3.0 out of 5 stars Reprint of older edition.
I thought I was getting a new book when in fact it was a copy of an older one I already had. There was a new pattern in it but if you already have Learn to do hairpin Lace by Nancy Nehring I wouldn't bother.
Published 3 months ago by M. Leonis

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have techniques for beginners of hairpin AND crochet, 26 July 2011
This review is from: Learn to Do Hairpin Lace (Annie's Attic: Crochet) (Paperback)

Because I am already a crocheter, I found it easy to begin immediately although a beginner crocheter will find the technique charts at the rear of the book very easy to understand and get you started and up to an intermediate level of crochet as well as the hairpin lace just from this one book too. So useful is this information for beginners, I've used it to help my neighbour to get started properly with crochet when she had been struggling to grasp the basics for years - not bad when I've only had the book a couple of weeks myself.

The book is US crochet language, however they have included comprehensive charts for converting to UK language so there's no running elsewhere to make sense of the information.

I'm tempted to ask no-one else to purchase this book so that I can appear to be a master craftsperson who has a magic touch with yarn that no-one else can match!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great technique, 21 April 2013
The book is easy to read and containes very clear instructions.
Fun to make and wear.
See also my page [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars hair pin lace, 3 May 2011
I found this book good to begin to learn hair pin looming, great to get started with.Annie's Attic-Learn To Do Hairpin Lace

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 29 Jan 2014
This is a lovely book with a variety of projects.It has very clear instructions with precise clear pictures.I was a complete novice at Hairpin Lace but have had plenty of success (and inspiration)with this book.I would recommend it to anyone toying with the idea of trying something new. It has some lovely items for the more experienced crafter too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reprint of older edition., 23 Dec 2013
M. Leonis (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars A pamphlet.., 19 Nov 2013
I appreciate that you get what you pay for, but in short, this is a glorified pamphlet. Unfortunately this is the third time I have been let down by Annies attic, expecting a great introduction to a skill, but it is really brief and not very detailed. I am by no means a novice in respect of crochet and fibre art, but could not help but fell cheated with this publication. Maybe it should be called "Introduction to Hairpin Lace"

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 2 Jun 2013
O, if only i could make my hairpin looks as lovely. the book is good and its nice to see that an old-fashioned technique has now a new lease.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good helpful book for a beginner, 2 Jan 2013
Bought to teach myself how to use the hair pin lace tool, it was successful, would recommend it to anyone

3.0 out of 5 stars hairpin lace, 14 Nov 2011
Although I haven't started doing anything from this publication it seems a very good start for introduction to hairpin crochet.The reason that I give it only 3 stars is that I have since found other publications,which although not purchased as yet seem to be more detailed in their instruction with a wider variety of projects to get you started.When I have bought the other items that I have seen,I will update this review and also give the links to the publications that I think might be a better source to learn and develop the skills in this form of crochet.

ARRAY(0xa4d0fc84)

Learn to Do Hairpin Lace (Annie's Attic: Crochet)
Learn to Do Hairpin Lace (Annie's Attic: Crochet) by DRG Publishing (Paperback - 18 Jun 2010)
Used & New from: 13.94