4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says
Published on 21 Jan. 2011 by Maria

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for Instructions and patterns,
I would have given this 5 stars if the pages hadn't started to come out of the book within the first couple of days.
Published 22 months ago by Janet Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 21 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Learn to Do Bavarian Crochet (Annie's Attic: Crochet) (Paperback)
A very beginner would find this book daunting but for some one with more experience it is a welcome change. Just remember that as with most U.S. publications in this field the crochet terms are slightly different to U.K. Projects vary from a quick -to -make scarf using this technique to a blanket. Photos for the unusual stitches are clear & the rest of the instructions are in the traditional written format. It would have been nice to have U.K. yarn alternatives listed but this so rarely happens that after some thought this can be solved. A worthwhile use of my Amazon gift vouchers & I would have bought this anyhow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bavarian Crochet, 6 Sept. 2011
Always on the lookout for new techniques I saw this book and loved the pic on the front cover. So before buying the book I did a search to see if I could find any video tutorials on how to do it. There were a few out there that I tried to follow but the work didn't look right. That made my mind up to get the book, I only waited a day for delivery and couldn't wait to get started. The instructions for the basic pattern were so easy and much clearer than any video I watched. Nice clear illustrations making it so easy to follow. The sample that I started grew very quickly and looked so neat. I made a cushion with the sample, and considering I had only just learned how to do Bavarian crochet, it was made in a couple of nights in front of the tv!
The patterns included are things that I would make, I particularly loved the handbag and shawl.
I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to learn new crochet techniques.

4.0 out of 5 stars user friendly and different, 9 Feb. 2011
I found the book most useful after thinking about buying it for a long time I decided to take the plunge as it is so very different and I can use the patterns with my home-spun wool.
The patterns are clear and well explained and there are plenty of pictures to help along the way. It is a very informative book,. I would recommend this book to someone who has some crochet experience, not for the complete beginner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 16 Nov. 2011
Very pleasing book to look at, with some pretty patterns, and an interesting alternative way of doing crochet. I would say that the method is more suitable for shawls, blankets, bags, scarves rather than sweaters or waistcoats.

There seems to be a glitch in the information given for the waistcoat - A Little Bit of Lovely, on page 18 - for finished sizes all it says is 'Small, Medium, Large', no centimetres or inches given, unlike the all the other eight patterns within the book. Nevertheless, a good book to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bavarian crochet, 13 Feb. 2011
C. L. Huxter "oraBrush" (Essex) - See all my reviews
I loved learning how to do Bavarian crochet and I made my yorkies little coats and an afghan throw for myself. I found it amazingly easy to do and enjoyed using lots of colours. I really wished there were more patterns in the book other than just flat items, as once I had mastered the stitch I wanted something a little more challenging like hats ot jackets etc. But all in all a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bavarian Magic, 24 May 2011
David G. Turner "DaveT" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
My wife is a crafter and Crochet is among the crafts she already does but this book she reckons is "Magic". It takes chrocheting to a new level and is easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 6 Sept. 2011
Very clearly written, perfectly understandable even if you are a novice.
The patterns inside are concise, easy to follow and pleanty of scop to do your owm

5.0 out of 5 stars Crochet magic, 25 Nov. 2011
Buy this book it's well worth the money, learn to crochet the most beautiful stitch ever, if you ever want to be the talk of the crochet circle.

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting technique, 21 Jan. 2011
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Clear illustrated instructions are given for Bavarian crochet plus 9 projects to perfect your technique. The projects are mainly accessories and shawls plus a table runner, baby blanket and basket. An interesting and effective technique, well-photographed. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bavarian crochet, 4 Sept. 2014
Excellent pattern book. I did have a bit of trouble initially following the instructions as I have not done Bavarian crochet before but once I got the hang of it, it is very easy to do. I have made a couple of throws and adapted the basic pattern slightly to make cushion covers. I am very pleased with the way this crochet makes up and will be trying several more of the suggestions.

Learn to Do Bavarian Crochet (Annie's Attic: Crochet)
Learn to Do Bavarian Crochet (Annie's Attic: Crochet) by Jenny King (Paperback - 1 Nov. 2010)