5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great book
Published on 16 Mar 2009 by Mr. Daniel Mateus

3.0 out of 5 stars I see a lot that is good. I wanted to read it in preparation for ...
Although I have not finished it yet, I see a lot that is good. I wanted to read it in preparation for a visit to Poland. St Faustina rather scares me by her great piety, and words spoken to her by the Lord (does she imagine this?) However I will carry on reading. She is a saint after the manner of St Therese of Lisieux. There is a rebel inside me that would like a...
Published 5 months ago by Felicity

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great book, 16 Mar 2009
Mr. Daniel Mateus "DM VELAZQUEZ" (United kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska: Divine Mercy in My Soul (Paperback)
I was very interested in finding out more about this very humble polish nun as in my parish church there was a devotion to the Divine Mercy prayer every FRIDAY after mass. When I ordered my copy it was an amazing book full stop. Each page reveals a new side to Saint Faustina, she was a great triumph against selfishness and pride. It's a very good prayer book for confession so when you go into the confessional on your next visit it gives you the right attitude and some splendid meditations about the Eucharist,repentence and mercy also it has prayers in times of suffering and trials - even though she was very simple she went through much and I use it as a prayer book for the night and sometimes in the daytime so I recall everything that makes up God in a nutshell - his entire heart is compassion and enormous Love and mercy. It awakens the senses to the spiritual life appreciating what it truly means to be an apostle to Jesus' Divine Mercy. It perhaps is through this very devotion that many souls will be saved, perhaps the most powerful devotion this world will ever come to know. That goes for all of us whether catholic or christian or non-beleiver alike we are all called to be part of the kingdom of Heaven. The book never fails to impress and is unspeakably beautiful in St Faustina's poems and personal experiences with Jesus on an intimate level. It has answers to many questions about the religious life and problems encountered in everday life spiritually.

5.0 out of 5 stars Humbling in its Entirity an update, 19 Jan 2006
I had heard about this saint but didn't really know much about her, other than through his Divine Mercy Jesus spoke to her. This book is superb. I am not a Catholic but am considering becoming one (before I read this book), this book was purely at first just an interesting read. I have discovered that it is a book alive with the word of God and it has made me thirst for more knowledge concerning the Catholic Church.
UPDATE: I became a catholic on 22/3/08. St Faustina had her hand in this I believe and lets face it today's world has more need of Divine Mercy than at any other time. I share this book with my friends and encourage them to read it and spread the message - please read it and do the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars The read of a lifetime, 15 Jan 2009
I have been trying to get hold of this book for years. When I finally obtained a copy and started reading it, it made me reflect so much about my life that I could only tackle 2 or 3 pages a night - its content is so touching. I have discovered wonderful things and a deeper meaning into life. A must read for believers and non!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 11 Sep 2010
What a find. A truely inspirational book that I will always keep to dip into. A very powerful diary that ended far too quickly for me. Where I go next to match it, I don't know. St. Faustina has certainly educated me and deepened my faith. She inspires hope. She has shown me that I have a long way to go to reach eternal life, however she has set out the way. I now have a far greater appreciation for the lives of Nuns also. If you're remotely thinking about buying St. Faustina's Diary, please don't hesitate. What a bargin for only a few pound!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Transforming, 5 Jan 2011
JH (Macclesfield, Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
Truly inspiring. The beauty and gentleness of Jesus' words will overwhelm you and you will begin to trust in Him in a deeper and more personal way. Jesus we trust in you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure GOLD!!, 10 Dec 2010
This diary is a treasury of spiritual graces for all who read it. It will change your life for the better and strengthen you in lifes battles. I cannot rate it highly enough. Buy it and read it again and again. You will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus I Trust In You !, 18 Feb 2011
Mr. Mg Reynolds "Carry On fan" (Oxfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
This has transformed my spiritual life beyond what I had imagined was possible.It taught me a great deal about what sort of person God wishes me to become.Also it can by God's Grace help anyone who reads it in that way.The Divine Mercy is astounding as it teaches us how our sin wounds Our Lord and about how we should offer up our suffering to atone for our sins & those of others.You get a real profound sense about the humility of Our Lord and how we should reflect that in our lives by helping others & not complaining about any suffering that we endure.The images of the Divine Mercy help to captivate not just our eyes but our souls by reminding us of God's love for us all.It is comforting to read a Saint's diary as we see that they had to overcome by God's Grace similar flaws to our own.The point being that if we read such a book and see similar barriers to those that we face then God is telling us that we too can be Saint's.I read this stage by stage in Church before the Blessed Sacrament over a few months.By reading it slowly before the Holy Eucharist we are better able to absorb that which is written.Spiritual reading is a sacramental and God's Grace can work is us as a result if we are open & receptive to what Our Lord wishes us to do.

My advice for reading this is to pray before it & afterwards if possible and to read it at a few pages a day in Church before Christ Jesus in the Holy Sacrament of the Altar.Doing this has change my life as I now have a better notion of the importance of the Divine Mercy.I also know about the heroic witness of Saint Maria Faustina & Blessed Michael Sopocko as well as how much we need their prayers and those of Our Lady Mother of Mercy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, 22 Nov 2008
Aquinas "summa" (celestial heights, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful book by a great saint, the apostle of Divine Mercy. Ora pro me, Sancta Faustina!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book you will ever read. Jesus I trust In You, 18 Oct 2009
Mr. Darren Sheaffer (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Diary of Saint Faustina a Polish Nun who through contact with Our Lord has brought into being Our Lord's desire for His Mercy to be told through The Divine Mercy Image and this diary. This diary is a must to understand "the last chance" and how to lead our lives more to God's Will. Jesus I Trust in You.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book., 28 May 2012
Excellent Paperback. Excellent Reading. Answers all the qusetions that need addressing. She is truly a saint and suffered at a young age.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska: Divine Mercy in My Soul
Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska: Divine Mercy in My Soul by Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska (Paperback - 15 Feb 2005)