5.0 out of 5 stars A Bittersweet tale
The whole Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong really is top quality lightweight contemporary fantasy. All of the books relate to each other yet can be read as isolated adventures with Armstrong ensuring sufficient context in the early chapters to bring new readers up to speed on the Otherworld and not frustrate die-hard lovers of her books.

** Amended to...
Published on 31 Dec 2011 by DDGwacott

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing.
First off I have to say I hated the drawings/pictures that were placed throughout the book. I much prefer to use my imagination. The story was very mundane and altogether predictable. Nowhere near as good as her earlier novels but if you like Kelly Armstrong then its OK.
Published 21 months ago by FantasyFictionFan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bittersweet tale, 31 Dec 2011
This review is from: Hidden (Kindle Edition)

** Amended to reflect that Hidden is NOT Ms Armstrongs last 'Otherworld' book!** Hoorah! I had previously reviewed saying that Ms Armstrong has said it will be the last time she writes of Elena, Clay and the cast of Otherworld... but another reader has corrected me saying that Ms Armstrong is actually writing a book '13' which will bring all of the Otherworld characters together for a big finale, and that will be published in 2012. Beyond that she hopes to write more eBooks/novellas relating to the characters in the series. Oh, I really do hope so because I'm not ready to say farewell. I want more. I want to follow Hope and Karl on their adventures. I want to pop in and see how Paige and Lucas are doing battling Cabals from within. I want to see Jamie and Jeremy's romance consummate and settle into a happy ever after. I don't want to imagine never reading of Nick clambering into bed with Elena and Clay, or being tricked by his best friends or tied up and experimented on by the twins. And I want to see the young wolves of Elena's new Pack grow. I want to watch how Elena copes with learning to lead, learning to be a mother, learning to be a true life partner to Clay. I want to see the youngsters learning from the elders - and maybe let the oldies have an adventure themselves 'Geriatrics of the Otherworld!'... but I digress.

In Hidden we find the Danvers' at Christmastime with a Christmastime adventure. Armstrong doesn't let us down with this Otherworld penultimate swansong. The plot is strong as ever. Mutts, dead bodies, curious children with instincts and directness. And a lead couple who have grown together over the series. There are nods to phases of Elena and Clay's relationship that will send fans of the series into nostalgic musings, but new readers will 'get' it because the emotional writing is so good you can relate. It's refreshing to see that Elena's confidence as an 'Alpha' in waiting hasn't done anything to mitigate all of the perfectly normal human feelings she has as a mother worrying about teaching her children about the human world and the 'otherworld'. And through it all the reader sees examples of how good both Elena and Clay are as parents. There's a wonderful scene in here of them explaining to the twins that adults who have to commit to a 15 hour work week does not equate to neglectful parenting... makes me chuckle just thinking of that. And through it all we are reminded that these two werewolves hunt rogue mutts and deal out harsh justice that is both direct and brutal. And still, the love comes through it all.

And the way these two now take on Jeremy's role of guiding and leading the new young Pack-members is so very bittersweet, cleverly written again with a nod to Clay and Nick's youth and brings me again full circle to why I don't want this world to cease being written about.

Sadly, Armstrong's YA books just aren't for me. So, it does look as though the release in 2012 will be my farewell to this author. I will keep an eye out, though, for any eNovel she does put out there in the adult supernatural world again.

I have been a Kindle user for over a year now, and have parted with most of my hardback collection. However, Kelly Armstrong's Otherworld series remains on my shelves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new novella from an awesome author, 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: Hidden (Kindle Edition)
I have to say I prefer the Elena cover over the Clay cover, but I had to have the limited edition so I have the Clay cover. This is another great novella from Kelley Armstrong, when her loyal readers just don't get enough from her Otherworld series and can't wait fr the next novel, the Subterranean Press novellas make a nice little stepping stone.

This novella sees Clay and Elena trying to have a normal christmas with Kate and Logan but when a mutt shows up on their doorstep, their plans change. On doing background checks, Elena finds a story of a young boy eaten by wild dogs and a little girl going missing. She and Clay set about trying to find out more while trying to keep the whole werewolf thing a secret from Kate and Logan.

I enjoyed reading about the twins and look forward to seeing more of them in later novellas (and hopefully a book once the hiatus stops). I also liked reading more of Noah and Reese, they were introduced in Frostbitten and I believe Reese has a short story detailing his life in Australia. Any Kelley fan will love this book and it has her typical wit and writing style throughout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does not disappoint, 17 April 2012
R. Croucher "Ruth" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden (Kindle Edition)
Kelley Armstrong has capture me again and left me wanting to know more again. She has finally introduces the children into the secret and it works fanstacially. I hope there are more to follow. If you enjoyed the Clayton And Elena stories this will remind us in more detail why they are the key charters of this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 20 Jan 2012
Another fantastic book!
As always the family can't keep out of trouble even when they only want a quiet family christmas.
The characters of Clay and Elena have mature and developed throughout the previous books but in this one we get a further
insight into what makes the pair tick. A compeling read.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 3 Mar 2014
teresa (Brentford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden (Kindle Edition)
A super read, I loved every twist and turn. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author. So cool

5.0 out of 5 stars gift, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Hidden (Hardcover)
sorry, no review, the book is a gift for a keen fan, who reads all k Armstrong books are brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this story, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Hidden (Kindle Edition)
A great story to manage the depression of finishing WOTOW series. Would definitely recommend if your'e craving your Clay and Elena fix.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this short story, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Hidden (Kindle Edition)
Loved the women of the other world books and these short stories were brilliant. Would recommend the series to any one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable conclusion, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: Hidden (Hardcover)
I did enjoy this book and have done with all the others in the series, just a shame there won't be anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another part to a great series, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Hidden (Kindle Edition)
I love all these extra stories to the main books. Looking forward to reading the other novellas ,hoping there will be more too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa9df9378)

Hidden
Hidden by Kelley Armstrong (Hardcover - 31 Dec 2011)
Used & New from: 23.84