4.0 out of 5 stars Girl Power in space, 1 Oct 2007
Helen (Wales, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: D.A. (Hardcover)
This is a novella for teenage girls. 'Theodora Baumgarten', says the blurb on the dustwrapper, 'has just been selected as an IASA space cadet, and therein lies the problem. She didn't apply for the ultra-coveted posting, and doesn't relish spending years aboard the [space] ship to which she's been assigned.' Theodora spends the rest of the book, all 77 pages and three pictures of it, trying to get out of this opportunity of a lifetime that she doesn't want. Like all of Connie Willis's fiction, the characters are convincingly drawn and the plot holds the reader's attention. There is also humour and satire. But in my opinion it is far too short to have been published as a separate volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet, nice, big smile, 10 Nov 2007
Hardback nutter (just west of London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: D.A. (Hardcover)
I got this just today in London and read it on the train home - I was delighted with the reference to RAH and smiled pretty much the whole way through. Couldn't help from chuckling at the end so people looked at me as if I was mad - hehe

Get it - well worth it

Tom

4.0 out of 5 stars D.A. Latest Connie Willis book that I've read, 16 Oct 2007
H.A.S. "Hilary" (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: D.A. (Hardcover)
This is a good book, as they all are, but I think D A should stand for Disappointment Abounds!because of the small number of pages.

I understood that Willis was writing a book about the Second World War, which I have been eagerly awaiting - perhaps this book was a little detour from writing that one.

D.A.
D.A. by Connie Willis (Hardcover - 1 Sep 2007)
Used & New from: 7.78