5.0 out of 5 stars Buffy fans must continue the adventure!
I have been a HUGE Buffy fan since the series started. When it was completed at the end of season 7 like most fans felt a need to fulfill my need for Buffy. Season 8 was fantastic (if you haven't read them, do so now!) and series 9 looks just a promising.

Brilliant for Buffy fans everywhere.

*please note: I don't think they are suitable for younger...
Published 21 months ago by Stephibobz

3.0 out of 5 stars Could it be? Is Buffy really back?
I won't beat around the bush here, I was mortified by a lot of season 8, so was skeptical about season 9. However, people told me "try it, it feels more like Buffy again, honest!" So I thought 'What the heck, you stuck with season 8 against your better judgement, what's one more volume?'. So I bought this and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

Buffy is...
Published 21 months ago by KG

5.0 out of 5 stars Buffy fans must continue the adventure!, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 Volume 1: Freefall (Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Dark Horse)) (Paperback)

Brilliant for Buffy fans everywhere.

*please note: I don't think they are suitable for younger fans, they deal with very adult issues and are graphic in a sexual and violent nature.*

3.0 out of 5 stars Could it be? Is Buffy really back?, 6 Oct 2012

Buffy is now in San Francisco and I'm still getting used to that setting, but one thing I love about it is that the city setting gives Buffy plenty of dark alleys to be dusting vamps in. Yes, you heard me right, Buffy is slaying vamps in alleys again! Not jumping through time riding flying cars, not fighting giant robots in Tokyo, not huge multi-coloured Gods or weird vampy kitties or whatever the hell those stupid things were.... vampires! So all in all, it's easier to feel like what you're reading is an actual continuation.

Magic has gone from the world and because of that, vampires are becoming more rabbid when they are made. Willow goes away with the scythe to find a way to bring magic back. I've heard that she's going over to 'Angel and Faith' and all I can say is, it better be explained in the Buffy comics when she gets back, because I have no intention of getting 'Angel and Faith'.

There are still bits that make me cringe. I don't think I'll ever get used to Xander and Dawn. Spikes ship full of giant bugs had me screaming WTF? at the end of season 8 and unfortunately it keeps popping up. I also can't help but feel that Giles' death just didn't have enough effect, I know it changed certain things, but it's Giles!! Am I the only one who found myself not caring that he died too much, like it wasn't such a big deal?

Anyway, this first volume is very promising. Having said that, season 8 STARTED with promise... so we'll just have to see how it goes. But at the moment, I think the comics feel more like the series than they have in a while, which is good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Zombie apocalypso, 24 May 2014
Mr. Mice Guy (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The story running through Dark Horse Comics' Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 issues #1-5 is collected as Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 Volume 1: Freefall (Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Dark Horse)). This is a well-illustrated and scripted story, which brings Buffy back to her roots: running around town dusting Vampires while trying to serve coffee for a living, enjoying wild parties with her friends and total strangers, and being blamed by all sorts of creatures and psychos for destroying magic.

The destruction of magic has led to new Vampires not being possessed by Demons, as the gates to the demon Dimensions are now closed, so they become mindless rampaging monsters (as opposed to being bloody-minded rampaging monsters). Just to complicate maters, dead bodies are turning up all over San Francisco (where the cast have now relocated), and it turns out that they are former Vampires... therefore the Police see Buffy as a `person of interest' in their deaths. Needless to say, she didn't do it, and racking down the new baddie gradually becomes the main story as the volume progresses. Sub-plots are established for future stories, as Willow sets off to find something, and Spike steps in to lend a hand.

This is a very entertaining story with good artwork, scripting and characterisation. We get to see the pros and cons of a world without magic - demons forced to take jobs to make a living, long-imprisoned characters released due to the fading of the magical bonds that bound them, that sort of thing. Everything the TV show used to offer, but with San Francisco as the backdrop.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, if only it was a motion comic or tv show, 16 July 2013
damn i wish they'd just hire new actors and continue buffy. the motion comic was great too
this is good too and really good too.
i loved it, the willow storyline, the cool storylines and the comedy.
its so awesome and i recommend buffy fans to read it

3.0 out of 5 stars Much better than season 8, 5 Mar 2013
If you were disappointed in season 8 but couldn't abandon Buffy and friends, this season has got what's needed to restore your affection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buffy......, 22 Feb 2014
Bought this for my daughter in law, apparently she loves it! ........I guess if you like this sort of thing, buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buffy Season 9 looks like the best yet, 12 Jan 2013
David (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This continues Buffy's story from the end of season 8 and how she is coping with what what happened and the new threats she faces.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD OLD BUFFY, 1 Jan 2013
ONCE AGAIN THIS BOOK WAS VERY GRIPPING SO I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN IT WAS A VERY GOOD STORY

9.45